- Submitted: Aug 01 2016 02:39 pm
- Last Updated: Aug 18 2016 10:08 pm
- File Size: 106.66MB
Buy Now Ikarus C42a Aircraft 1.10
Welcome to the world of Ikarus C42
£24.99 + Vat
The Ikarus C42, manufactured in Germany by Comco Ikarus, has 45 years of experience designed into it to make it one of the most successful production aircraft in the air. Approved and endorsed by Comco Ikarus in Germany, this is the first ever professionally designed Ikarus C42a for flight simulation, featuring accurate flight dynamics that have been tested over many months by C42 pilots around the world to ensure it is as true to real life flying experience as possible.
This FSX and P3D product, developed by SIM720 and AirSIM in full collaboration, brings for the first time the joy of being in the realistic world of the Ikarus C42, positioned firmly as a leader in the Ultralight / Microlight aircraft range. Whether you are taking off from your in-game local grass strip or airport, island hopping or just wanting to experience your add on scenery to the full, the Ikarus C42a gives you the freedom and time to experience true VFR flight; but be careful, this is no toy. Flight dynamics are real: so much so that approval for being realistic is already secured from the manufacturers COMCO Ikarus and the flight dynamics are already in use for real flight training in an approved C42a simulator.
The Ikarus C42a is an innovative, modern, advanced ultralight aircraft that sets the standard for fun and affordable flying. It is a technically mature, highly capable, two-seat aircraft designed primarily for the light sports aviation market and has become the world's most popular training aircraft that makes adventurous flying exciting and rewarding. With an MTOW of just 450kg, the C42a is classed as a microlight but do not let that fool you. With its traditional high-wing design, you could be forgiven for thinking this was a GA aircraft. The handling and flight performance of this machine is superb, making this a really fun and rewarding aircraft to start your journey to becoming a pilot.
The Owner's Manual approved for flying in FSX/P3D explains everything in detail, allowing you to enter into a true to life experience within the world of the Ikarus C42. For example, if you like additional excitement in your life then imagine flying from your favourite airport on a sunny day and at normal cruising height and you experience a sudden loss of power; no problem. Well, depends on how good you are but just don't panic, keep flying the plane and follow the instructions in the manual and bring your Ikarus C42a back to the ground safely.
So don't delay, add this aircraft to your hanger. Admired by all for its stunning real to life imagery, enjoy the challenge of flying from A to B in VFR flight.
• High Detail 3D virtual cockpit with 3D instruments and smooth animations
• Fully Animated control surfaces
• Realistic Flight Dynamics approved by Comco Ikarus
• 2 Liveries - G-CCYR - Airbourne Aviation and G-CDVI - Comco Ikarus
• 4096 x 4096 HD textures to give the best quality textures
• Bump and specular mapping used throughout the aircraft
• to give the full 3D experience
• Currently available for FSX, FSX:SE, P3Dv1, P3Dv2 and P3Dv3
What's New in Version 1.10 (See full changelog)
- Made the cockpit glass clear
- Animated the suspension
- Added a pilot in the external view
- Made Flap lever, Door handles, Throttle lever and trim buttons clickable
- Made it easier to click fuel cut-off lever
- Fixed elevator trim effectiveness
- Compatible with FSX, FSX:SE, P3Dv1, P3Dv2, P3Dv3
- Renamed Aircraft folder to avoid install problems
- 12 Total Files
- 4 Total Categories
- 1 Total Authors
- SIM720 LIBS Latest File
- SIM720 Latest Submitter
4 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users