• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fltsimguy

fltsimguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:05 am

Just purchased my first product from you folks.  Looking forward to giving it a test drive.  Install when well.  Control Panel is easy to figure out.

Quick question about the Control Panel and the "refresh" autogen button.  Can you elaborate what this restores it to.  For instance I have tons of Orbx products and I believe they mess with the autogen, and perhaps I have others that do the same, I am not really sure at this point.

Can you please advise me what happens when the button is pressed and is accepted?

cheers, Bryan

#2 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:29 am

Hi,

It restores the autogendescription.spb file we use incase another addon overwrites it, our autogendescription.spb file is fully compatible with Orbx http://forum.sim720....-orbx-products/

The installer will create a backup of your current Autogen files before we overwrite them with our own. They can be found here "{fsx/p3d}\SIM720\Scripts\Backup\"

Hope that clears it up for you

Paul

#3 fltsimguy

fltsimguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:02 pm

Hi Paul, yes to a large extent, just swapping the autogendescriptions file. 

One last follow-up if you don't mind. Sort of autogen managment 101 class question. 

Say a third party other than Orbx and Sim720 does an overwrite. And then a refresh is done to put back the one in backup, doesn't that negate the other third party adjustments to the autogendescriptions?  How does that other third party, if any, keep its required adjustments?

Bryan

#4 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:45 pm

Have a look at this, it may solve your problem?  Either that, or use MergES from earth simulations, I think you have to download their installer ESI first though....

http://forum.aerosof...xml-merge-tool/

• fltsimguy likes this

#5 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:48 pm

Say a third party other than Orbx and Sim720 does an overwrite. And then a refresh is done to put back the one in backup, doesn't that negate the other third party adjustments to the autogendescriptions?

yes it will overwrite the third party changes.

#6 fltsimguy

fltsimguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:16 pm

Have a look at this, it may solve your problem?  Either that, or use MergES from earth simulations, I think you have to download their installer ESI first though....

http://forum.aerosof...xml-merge-tool/

Perfect, this might become or should be an essential tool for those who have multi scenery addons where the autogendescriptions are modified.

yes it will overwrite the third party changes.

Thanks Paul, this is what I thought.  Its got me wondering now if I have messed up some of my addons over time and not even noticed.  I guess you could say if I didn't notice then no big loss. I'll have to take a few moments and run through my scenery addons, checking manuals and such to see where this is all at.

cheers, Bryan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Answered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users