19 replies to this topic

#1 jeanmarcwatson

jeanmarcwatson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:14 am

Hi.

I was looking forward to buying Oban and Stornoway together but I am curious to know why Stornoway was not made DX10 compatible?

What kind of issues can we expect if we run with DX10 preview on?

Thanks.

Jean-Marc.

#2 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:04 am

Hi Jean-Marc, we intended to release Stornaway as DX10 but we encountered a problem with certain objects appearing with black squares underneath them. It is an alpha issue. However we are not doing anything different to the other developed airports and this only happens in Stornaway... Rather spooky and so we are currently totally perplexed. However we took the decision to release not in DX10 as we have individuals that were waiting. We will continue to try and eliminate.

#3 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:38 am

Just to confirm what Barry said above we did nothing different to other airports but here is a small screenshot to show the issue.
dx10.jpg

#4 jeanmarcwatson

jeanmarcwatson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:59 am

Just to confirm what Barry said above we did nothing different to other airports but here is a small screenshot to show the issue.
attachicon.gifdx10.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply guys.

I've just downloaded the Caernarfon airport and I have to say that I am gobsmacked as to how well it performs on my PC (i7 920 @ 3.2 with GTX580 with Twin Otter Extended 1.11). It's very impressive for that any many other reasons.

Very happy. Thanks.

Probably not the correct area of the forum to ask this question but I noticed that the installer carried a hardware signature. I'm building a new PC in the New Year so will I be able to install it onto the new PC? Thanks again.

#5 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:01 pm

I'm building a new PC in the New Year so will I be able to install it onto the new PC? Thanks again.

Yes you will be fine and if you ever get any problems just post.

Paul

#6 MarcJ

MarcJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:15 pm

Hi Paul,

I just asked the question about DX10 in another topic. Will you still be looking for a fix? I must say I wont purchase non-dx10 compatible software, sorry.

#7 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:28 pm

MarcJ, totally understand and no need to apologise. Yes we will try and solve this but currently we do not know where to start. The issue only appears on Stornaway, Oban and other airports do not have this issue, however when ever we place an object in Stornaway we get random black squares appearing. Same objects same root files .....placed in Oban fine, into Stornaway black squares.
There appears to be no logic but we will continue.

#8 etien

etien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:49 pm

Hi Paul, spooky isnt it? (notice that Orbx have the same problem with somme of its static planes)

Like MarcJ I only fly in DX10 nodays so this could be a no show for me (too bad). If we are talking about parked cars and aiport tarmac clutter, why not using the standard MSFT FSX objects, they dont have the issue normaly.

#9 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:31 pm

unfortunately it wasn't just cars :( and using default objects just doesn't look as good. It really is weird as the cars are the same cars placed at other airports and they are DX10 compatible just not at stornoway, its another fsx bug/mystery.

Paul 

#10 Ripcord

Ripcord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:02 pm

Has anyone given this a try using Steve's DX10 fixer?  I could not even considering running FSX in DX10 preview mode without that.

#11 GordonH

GordonH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:38 pm

Has anyone given this a try using Steve's DX10 fixer?  I could not even considering running FSX in DX10 preview mode without that.

I've tried the Fixer...same results at Stornoway.

A genuine FSX mystery!!

Edited by GordonH, 04 March 2014 - 10:38 pm.

9700K@5.0 | MSI Z390 Pro Carbon | 32Gb 3200Mhz DDR4 | RTX2080 | 65" Sony 4K | Iris Dynamics Yoke | CPFlight & Goflight

Oban

Stornoway

Inverness

Caernarfon

#12 GordonH

GordonH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:50 pm

Seems to be a similar issue on one of Orbxs' airport addons with DX10 - more then likely the same issue??

http://www.orbxsyste...pajn-with-dx10/

9700K@5.0 | MSI Z390 Pro Carbon | 32Gb 3200Mhz DDR4 | RTX2080 | 65" Sony 4K | Iris Dynamics Yoke | CPFlight & Goflight

Oban

Stornoway

Inverness

Caernarfon

#13 GordonH

GordonH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:25 pm

Black squares gone using latest version of Steve's DX10 Fixer (version 2.0 released yesteday)

Only texture issue I am still having with Sim720 Airports under DX10 is a 'transparent' effect on Stornoways control tower

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by GordonH, 08 March 2014 - 03:30 pm.

Oban

Stornoway

Inverness

Caernarfon

#14 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:53 pm

Gordon, thanks. I will get the guys to look at this. Great news that black squares are gone.

#15 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:50 am

Thanks Gordon, that new patch fixes the black squares but brakes the glass and some other bits :wacko: looking for a fix again.

#16 Mike62

Mike62

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:25 pm

Gordon, in one of the screen grabs with the tower, it looks like an ATC worker there.   What time was this, when I captured the screen grabs for my Stornoway review, I did not a worker.  Just curious,

Thanks,

Mike

#17 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:11 pm

Gordon, in one of the screen grabs with the tower, it looks like an ATC worker there.   What time was this, when I captured the screen grabs for my Stornoway review, I did not a worker.  Just curious,

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

There should be a person in the tower, if you cant see them check that people are ticked in the control panel and that SIM720 LIBS are active in the scenery library.

Paul

#18 Mike62

Mike62

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:27 pm

Thanks, I will check that out but I have people in other parts of the scenery including abelow the tower.   That is why I was wondering if it is time specific.

Mike

I have the worker in the tower now.

Thanks.

Edited by Mike62, 15 March 2014 - 01:33 am.

#19 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:43 am

@Mike glad the worker showed up for work :)

@Gordon we have identified the cause of the issue and are working on a fix now for all our airports.

Paul

• GordonH likes this

#20 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:56 pm

Stornoway is now DX10 compatible using Steve's DX10 fixer v2.1 or newer http://forum.sim720....gpe-update-v11/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Answered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users