31 replies to this topic

#21 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:26 pm

Paul

I had not tried it, mainly because of the lack of success strude 11 appeared to be having with that exercise. I will try it at the weekend.

Any idea as to why Catalina would have been affected in the course of installing Inverness and why the OOM issues would have been experienced in the short hop between Inverness and Stornaway?

Apart from Inverness, I think your products are very good. That is why I have bought all of them and why I was pressing Dean at PCA Aust to make these two recent ones available when I saw them being sold elsewhere and when I had bought the earlier ones from him.

One other thing. Can you look at your Inverness video? I had had a look at it (via two different computers) on your site, PCA Aust and some other retail sites. I think there are problems with it which make it useless for promotional purposes - so much so that PCA Aust has now removed it from the product entry on that site.

Hi,

Strude11 is the only person that agn fix hasn't worked for so its well worth trying it.

Not sure why Catalina was affected but will do some testing to see if i can find anything, as for the OOM it only come to light after release as none of the beta testers or us had any problems and i can only reproduce it using P3Dv2, we are working/testing some new textures to reduce the memory usage as an option for people.

Thanks for the note about the video its now fixed.

Paul

#22 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:00 pm

This is an interesting topic. The reason I say that is because suddenly my autogen load times at startup for ANY airports in Scotland have slowed to a crawl. I have just tried Scotflight's EGPK Prestwick, and I gave up after TEN minutes when the load bar had moved from 70 to 73%! I think that I will have to try the "new fsx.cfg file" method to see if that helps, but I am baffled. I have never seen this before.

I have since uninstalled all SIM720 airports (to try and solve my airport lights issue), so I will create a new fsx.cfg file first, and see what happens.

Edited by Christopher Low, 25 February 2014 - 06:38 pm.

#23 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:35 pm

Rebuilding the fsx.cfg file didn't solve the problem :(

#24 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:26 am

Does anyone have any suggestions for me regarding this problem? Maybe it's a case of disabling all of my addons, and then enabling them one by one to see which one might be causing it?

#25 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:42 am

Does anyone have any suggestions for me regarding this problem? Maybe it's a case of disabling all of my addons, and then enabling them one by one to see which one might be causing it?

If your talking about the loading time the error i found was caused by not having ES treescape installed but having merged agn files, so i would start by disabling that first.

#26 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:49 pm

I supplied the merged agn files for use with Treescapes only guys..wasn't tested without. K

#27 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:19 pm

I have ES Treescapes already installed for the entire UK......unless I have forgotten to transfer the Volume 5 trees from the "holding" folder (because the installer couldn't detect the location of my GenX Volume 5 folder).

#28 toby23

toby23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:25 pm

I just bought Inverness and even with the autogen files supplied above, the scenery is stuck at 73% and won't load.

#29 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:12 pm

I just bought Inverness and even with the autogen files supplied above, the scenery is stuck at 73% and won't load.

The autogen files above were added to the main installer ages ago so aren't needed any more as you already have them.

I'm going to need more info to help.

1. If you disable Inverness does it load normally?

2. What other addon's are you using?

3. where is it installed? (FSX, FSX:SE, P3D, P3Dv2)

Paul

#30 toby23

toby23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:26 am

Hi Paul,

Yes, if I disable the Sim720 Libs and Inverness, it loads fine. I use Scotflight and VFR UK from Playsims.

I've sent you a separate mail asking for a refund.
Thanks for your understanding.
Toby

#31 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:07 am

Hi Paul,

Yes, if I disable the Sim720 Libs and Inverness, it loads fine. I use Scotflight and VFR UK from Playsims.

I've sent you a separate mail asking for a refund.
Thanks for your understanding.
Toby

Not sure where you emailed as i haven't received it but i will sort the refund out. sending you a PM now

Paul

#32 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:48 am

This is a bit of a mystery, as I use Scotflight, PlayHorizon VFR photographic scenery, TreeScapes, and the SIM720 airports, and they all seem to work fine together huh.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Answered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users