9 replies to this topic

#1 BlueFinn

BlueFinn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:16 pm

Hi there,

I would like to suggest you a region that is missing some high quality airports for FSX/P3D like we see from you.

Im talking of Finland, the hidden country with a beautiful landscape!

I would like to suggest Joensuu (EFJO), the easternmost airport of the EU.

It has got around 4 daily connections to Helsinki and there are regularly charter flights bringing the finns to more warmer and southern countries.

Here is a picture I took last summer, it shows only one side of the terminal.

bKwoN3C.jpg

I don't know if you are interested in this region but I just wanted to get a bit of light into this region :)

Henry

Edited by BlueFinn, 12 January 2014 - 12:17 pm.

#2 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:51 pm

Strangely enough, that actually looks like a screenshot taken in FSX! :) I am sure that the guys will take your request into consideration.

#3 BlueFinn

BlueFinn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:14 pm

Strangely enough, that actually looks like a screenshot taken in FSX! :) I am sure that the guys will take your request into consideration.

Hm.. if that is good sign that it looks like from FSX? :D

I would hope so.. Finland ist pretty much deserted in FSX and there is a good amount of finnish pilots who would like some scenery for their homecountry B)

#4 BlueFinn

BlueFinn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:33 pm

Btw. I also recorded a video of the landing last summer, maybe it gives you a better overview.

#5 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:59 am

Looks a good airport to do. Would you be able to get photos for us.

#6 BlueFinn

BlueFinn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:58 am

Looks a good airport to do. Would you be able to get photos for us.

I'll do my very best!

Btw. for a aerial image you can go to https://tiedostopalv.../kartta?lang=en and download the needed files, they approved the use of their images for scenery development.

#7 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:40 pm

It looks like your wish may well be granted, Henry. Nice work! Get as many photographs as you can, including airport "clutter" (baggage carts, tow bars, boxes, containers etc), and views of each building from multiple angles (if possible). You might even get a photo of airport security personnel before they arrest you! :lol:

#8 BlueFinn

BlueFinn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:05 pm

It looks like your wish may well be granted, Henry. Nice work! Get as many photographs as you can, including airport "clutter" (baggage carts, tow bars, boxes, containers etc), and views of each building from multiple angles (if possible). You might even get a photo of airport security personnel before they arrest you! :lol:

Of course that would be awesome! Photos in progress.

#9 BlueFinn

BlueFinn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:56 pm

Currently it looks like this that I could give you some overview photos as I havent shot any perfect photos for scenery development. I also contacted a local spotter, he said he could do photos of the airside and the rest of the buildings, but since its winter up there and the light is pretty bad and he has to make his thesis work, the photosession will be somewhere in spring.

If you are interested in the overview shots, to who can i send them?

#10 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:35 am

Hi

Sent you a PM

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users