6 replies to this topic

#1 spence davison

spence davison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:28 am

Hi Sim720 team and fellow members. :D

Firstly I want to wish Sim720 every success in your new venture as independant Flight Sim add-on developers. 

Personally I would like to see Sim720 drench the FS market with your ideas and already great addons. Thanks for those already.

Not sure about my first posting here? but I live to be advised by your guys, so your help would be appreaciated. :(

I have purchased what I thought was a DVD/CD-Rom from an Austrailian group with the benefit of an instant download.

The product was Shoreham but they interprited as a download with a copy on DVD/CD Rom. anyhow......

Unfortunately I have had a display issue with the add-on and I hope from this topic I can find a resolve to an issue with the Shadows.

On the Taxiways & Runway at Shoreham I am seeing large black squares which traverse over the lighting dependant of the time of day set in FSX, but only in the daytime do the squares appear. This is a great airport addon but with this issue is a litle ruined.

I was given the information that it was likely to be a Active Shadow placement tool in the program maybe left in error?

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction to remove the Shadows without the need for unchecking the shadows feature in FSX.

My system is :

Asus P8Z77-V pro

Intel I5 4.6ghz

!6GB Corsair Ram

Radeon HD 5770 Graphics 1gb 970

OS Windows 7 sp1

FSX sp2 Orbx EU England, EU Wales, FTX Southampton, FTX Goodwood, FTX Damyns Hall, FTX Stapleford FTX Shoreham, FTX Elstree, Uk2000 Manchester/Liverpool/ Sutton Bank, Aerosoft Heathrow,Hawarden.

Kindest regards

Spence.

#2 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:52 am

Hi,

This is an Orbx product and as such you need to contact Orbx on there forum for support however i believe the answer will be  "unchecking the shadows feature in FSX" as stated in the user guide.

Paul

#3 spence davison

spence davison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:28 pm

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply Brilliantly quick. :D

Have contacted Orbx already but they insisted I contact Sim720. for a patch as they don't think the responsibility is theirs as they didn't design it!

Having said that they may well of shot there own foot. But we'll see? :wacko:

Thanks Paul anyway for your advice.

Have a great weekend.

A quote given to Orbx is this :

Someone might in Orbx Management & Sim720 eventually grasp that a customer is not the tool for thrashing each other during & after the fallout.

The common goal is customer pleasure. It keeps us coming back with our wallets.

Not aimed at you Paul.(theres more than one in the dispute) I continue to be appreciative of your good intentions 

But its likely to be a purchase for the bin! which is unfortunate.

(Customers are like elephants) they don't forget. Even in my business I know, believe me.

Spence

Edited by spence davison, 22 February 2014 - 01:12 pm.

#4 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:19 pm

Just the usual level of weekend support there Spence :P

• spence davison likes this

#5 spence davison

spence davison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:43 pm

Hi kevin,

Yes agreed !!! :D

but the thing is.........its getting worse when the weekend level of support spreads throughout every day of the week. :angry:

The problem exists due to playground fallouts between rivals. (Dominant vs Aspiring programmers probably not appreaciated)

#6 spence davison

spence davison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:07 pm

Paul,

With regard to the Orbx promoted FTX EU Shoreham airport who has all the working files? I mean the files that were designed for Shoreham Airport?

You would be correct to suggest Orbx should deliver the solution if they have all the working files on their systems as they market the product.

However, if this is not the case and Sim 720 has these files then a fix could only ever come from yourselves, so it would be down to you guys as the owners of the program to look at the issue for Shoreham and not Orbx.

Whilst I remain appreciative for the information you provided Paul, that un-checking Shadows in FSX would remedy the Shadows reported,  A program should complement not require the host program to metamorphosis to suit the Add-on ideally.

Its one thing for a program to require higher settings as we all experience improvements, but a program that is only setting is to reduce a feature in a host program is not really compatible in its present form.

I believe that on behalf of all flight simmers we are looking to max our rigs to provide as close to life simulation as possible with your teams help & design. It is only that combination that will affect the improvement to simulation.. As your teams aspire to create the same reality and you've  been doing a really great job.by some really enjoyable products being brought to market, your customers/end-users will always turn to your teams for help when something is wrong.

And that's how it should be. a perfect way to further improve great simulation designs. 

Spence

#7 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:18 pm

Hi,

At the end of our contract with Orbx we had to hand over all source files to Orbx and remove them from our server, which we complied with. So only Orbx can supply the fix.

Paul

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Answered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users