• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 MarcJ

MarcJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:59 am

Can someone please specify which products work, with limitations if necessary with P3D2?

I want to instal OBAN but there seems still to be an error.

Kind regards

Marc

#2 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:06 am

Hi, its only Stornoway and Inverness that will install into P3Dv2 at the minute and its the runway and papi lights that don't work correctly. The others need the installer updating but we are waiting for P3D to fix the bugs first.

Paul

#3 MarcJ

MarcJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:08 pm

Many thanks for the quick response. however, what the difference between Inverness and Stornaway and the other scenery? P3D2 is basically the same as it was when released as it is now. and the problems are still there?

Thanks

Marc

#4 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:22 pm

The difference being P3Dv2 wasn't released when the other installers were made.

#5 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:36 pm

I've posted about lights on the P3D forum and had no official reply. Are the sim720 lights native FSX technology or do they rely on BGL_LIGHTS or any other legacy code please?

#6 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:38 pm

I've posted about lights on the P3D forum and had no official reply. Are the sim720 lights native FSX technology or do they rely on BGL_LIGHTS or any other legacy code please?

The runway lights are simple effects and the papi lights are BGL_LIGHTS.
I also have had no reply to my post about it either.

#7 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:52 pm

Gary Summons is using default PAPIs in a separate P3D version of Uk2000 sceneries. Reinstalled P3D2.1 last night will test again in that.. K

#8 MarcJ

MarcJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:32 pm

If the problems with Stornaway and Inverness are the only problems with the other airports, why dont you just release new installers for the other airports?

Other than the OOM problem I dont think there will be a new update from LM soon.

Kind regards

Marc

#9 twharrell

twharrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:17 am

Any more news on this front, since v2.2 is about to be released? It appears all the main issues are fixed. I'm eager to get Catalina installed.

Todd

#10 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:01 am

were still working with LM on the issues, when i have more news i will let everyone know.

#11 MikeT707

MikeT707

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:31 am

Does Sim720 have any solid plans to take advantage of the capabilities that DX11 offers and create an offering that will be significantly different from existing products from other companies?  From all reports, P3D v2.2 will be the stable platform that we have been waiting for.  As it will be released soon, we will see a good number of consumers converting to this new platform, thus significantly increasing the user base.  I am certain that these users will be highly interested in a new breed of products that includes a progressive DX11 feature set.

If a company (Orbx, Aerosoft, Sim720) could produce products that are differentiated from the pack, and include a rich DX11 feature set, then these products would be in high demand with no competition for quite some time.  I could imagine that Sim720 could be that software developer that can offer something that the other companies do not.  By doing so, Sim720 could get a much stronger foothold in the market and people would take notice.  Perhaps Sim720 could position themselves to be the DX11 development house and be the provider of choice for P3D.  At least until the competition catches up.  Who knows, maybe Sim720 is in the unique position to take a lead in the Flight Simulation space.  

#12 Rob Ainscough

Rob Ainscough

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:02 am

Just wanted to let you folks know, no more VAS issues with Inverness in P3DV2.2.

Cheers, Rob.

• Barry Hudson and Nick Svejdal like this

Rob.

#13 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:17 am

Updated installers now available http://forum.sim720....gpe-update-v11/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Answered

0 user(s) are reading this topic