25 replies to this topic

#1 bruce

bruce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:50 am

Great job with KSBA, very atmospheric, as if you are really there.

I did notice an absence of taxiway signs making it a bit difficult/impossible to follow taxi directions when flying online with PilotEdge  / Vatsim etc 

Other than that very nicely done

#2 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:13 pm

Will definitely look into this. I will get back with comments soon.

#3 bruce

bruce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:45 pm

vj8g.jpg

• Nick Svejdal likes this

#4 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:15 pm

Thanks Bruce, will be done.

#5 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:25 pm

The AFD file has designated taxiways, so if anything it's just the signs themselves that need to be checked.

#6 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:39 pm

Ta Chris, your right mate. Will check the signs with Paul

#7 twharrell

twharrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:00 pm

Windsocks and rotating beacon are missing too.
  • Barry Hudson likes this

#8 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:06 pm

Will forward to.

#9 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:13 pm

Windsocks and rotating beacon are missing too.

I have windsocks see picture for location but what rotating beacon and where should it be?

windsocks.jpg

• Barry Hudson likes this

#10 twharrell

twharrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:59 am

Paul,

The PR has windsock locations but there are no actual windsocks modelled (see pics below). At least not in P3Dv2.2, which is what I use. The rotating beacon should be on top of the tower - refer to the airport diagram above. A star placed at the tower location mean the tower and beacon are c-located.I can also confirm the taxiway signs are missing and the AFCAD is a mess. 

KSBA1_zps481ff900.jpg

KSBA2_zps5c45aeeb.jpg

I have to be honest with you guys. I have seen what sim720 is capable of and this is not your best work. The ground textures are quite plain and the tire marks look anything but. What happened to the great cracks you showed us on facebook? Taxiway edges don't blend with the taxiways, and the tire marks are cartoonish. The ramp textures are way too clean and while the building interiors are a cool feature the buildings themselves are just not believable. Animated and static people look randomly placed with hardly a thought, and the omissions mentioned by myself and others is just not what we would expect from a quality developer.  Lastly, the the PR has no grass modelled. The scenery overall looks OK but it isn't on par with your Catalina scenery at all. That scenery blew me away. This one leaves me wanting more.

Are you guys pleased with this product? 

My comments are not meant to be harsh.  They are honest. I am rooting for you guys, I really am, but this is not sim720 scenery we've come to know. Sorry. I'm sure I'll get some kick back for my comments, but it's how I feel.

Regards,

Todd

#11 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:40 pm

Todd your comments are not taking as harsh at all. All your points will be raised and discussed. The problem we have is trying to keep fps in hand, the cracks were taken out as a lot of people said they were not good. However do agree that they should be in and the tyre marks could be looked at again. This was raised internally but my decision to go with it. My issue is that we are balancing time spent against sales which is always going to be a balancing act. With regards to the buildings are you saying all or some are unbeleivable. I appreciate your honesty and assure you thatyour comments will be discussed with the team.

#12 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:01 pm

I think the buildings look superb, and I am not saying that because I am a beta tester. They are high quality models, and realistic when compared to the real world ones. I agree that the taxiway signs need to be added, and the terminal area needs some work, but I am confident that the SIM720 guys will sort this out.

Edited by Christopher Low, 04 May 2014 - 03:07 pm.

#13 bruce

bruce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:32 pm

I've had another look at SBA, this time with a more critical eye. I agree with some of what Todd has said & I also agree that his comments are intended to be helpful & not what we sometimes see in forums.

Taxyway edges too clean +1

Ramp & car park textures look very good close up but at a distance they dont blend together too well

5ru6.jpg

et33.jpg

The windsocks are present but very easy to miss, is this a scale issue?

yole.jpg

2gvo.jpg

On the issue of the buildings, is it that they do not look weathered enough, or have they all just had a lick of paint?  Not a big issue for me.

I look forward to the tyre marks on the runways/taxiways being revisited also the grass areas.

The lack of taxi signage was a bit of a blooper, just a word of warning though, mimic the signage from the airfield charts & not from those in fsx default as the latter are not always correct.

As you say it is a juggling act but nothing that cannot be fixed.

Still a good product that will be made better with the first patch

azhb.jpg

bu7h.jpg

y6r7.jpg

Edited by bruce, 04 May 2014 - 04:39 pm.

#14 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:50 pm

Thanks for the screenshots, Bruce. The windsock looks clear enough in your shot, so maybe Todd has a display issue with P3D?

#15 twharrell

twharrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:04 pm

Barry,

Thanks for your understanding. I didn't want anyone to assume a negative tone in my comments (which is difficult not to do in forums), so I am relieved at your response. I am also happy to know that you take all of our comments seriously. Please do know I respect the time, effort, and resources required to make a good scenery. If it were easy, everyone would do it. I'm not one to offer public criticism because of that. But you guys set a high bar for your work. To see anything from you guys that doesn't meet that standard is disappointing. I understand the balance of quality vs economics, but when we pay $35-40 USD for a scenery there is a certain expectation of what you get.

Cheers,

Todd

Edited by twharrell, 04 May 2014 - 05:04 pm.

#16 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:26 pm

Todd certainly agree with you. Also at the outset we stated we are open to criticism. we meant it. Again thanks for your issues and Bruce and we will discuss when we are back in on tuesday. 

#17 twharrell

twharrell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:14 pm

Thanks for the screenshots, Bruce. The windsock looks clear enough in your shot, so maybe Todd has a display issue with P3D?

I don't know, but the wind socks definitely are not visible on my end. Anyone else using P3Dv2.2 having this issue. If not, then I may do a reinstall.  I also noticed today that the Rwy 25 PAPI lights are not present. Can someone else confirm this? 

#18 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:15 am

I don't know, but the wind socks definitely are not visible on my end. Anyone else using P3Dv2.2 having this issue. If not, then I may do a reinstall.  I also noticed today that the Rwy 25 PAPI lights are not present. Can someone else confirm this? 

The Papi lights we used don't currently work with P3Dv2 we are working with LM to find a solution.

I will check the windsock in P3Dv2 on Tuesday as my home machine is out of action.

#19 VoltageAviation

VoltageAviation

Advanced Member

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:37 am

I recently reinstalled windows. I'm installing my Prepar3d v2 Again now and if my serial works again then I can look at the windsock in an hour and if not then I'd have to contact support for a key reset. I'll get back to you

#20 VoltageAviation

VoltageAviation

Advanced Member

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:11 pm

Alright, After taking a look in prepar3d v2.2 theres no windsock just the grass area around it. Looks like an issue with the compatibility of it with Prepar3d maybe?

Edited by VoltageAviation, 05 May 2014 - 12:11 pm.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users