• Jonathan Winton and sr650 like this

#22 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:56 pm

Maybe SIM720 can help put the airport back on the map :)

• Jonathan Winton and sr650 like this

#23 anfield ace

anfield ace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:38 pm

Hi Guys,

I wish you would consider doing Wickenby (EGNW) my local airfield, located in Lincolnshire, just East of RAF Scampton, brilliant for local GA flying! with a tremendous history!

Cheers,

Mal Walsh

Edited by anfield ace, 16 May 2014 - 03:38 pm.

#24 sr650

sr650

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:47 pm

Nice video Jonathan, again nice to see more support for Durham Tees Valley 

• Jonathan Winton likes this

#25 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:20 pm

I would like to bump the suggestion for a SIM720 version of EGNV Durham Tees Valley. I can't see anyone else making a decent version of this airport for a long time, so it's in my interest to get a SIM720 EGNV project kick started ASAP! Anyway, we need it to happen before someone does something daft and closes the airport (like poor EGNH Blackpool) sad.png

#26 sr650

sr650

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:31 pm

It would be nice to see this go ahead as its a decent sized airport and has no limits on aircraft that it can take, but its in the hands of the sim720 guys to decide. 

#27 VoltageAviation

VoltageAviation

Advanced Member

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:36 pm

Completely agree

#28 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:35 am

Another airport worth thinking about would be EGMC Southend. I think that this is rather more "active" than EGNV Durham Tees Valley, and seems to be on an upward trend. It has a new terminal and control tower, a runway extension, and a static Avro Vulcan! Easyjet, Flybe, Stobart Air and Skywork Airlines have scheduled flights from this airport, and Volotea apparently have Summer charters. If this airport was made, it would also be nice to see some of the surrounding urban buildings modelled (like some airports from another well known developer). It's always nice to have lots of realistic 3D buildings to fly over on final approach smile.png

Edited by Christopher Low, 16 November 2014 - 08:35 am.

#29 PatrickZ

PatrickZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:48 am

I think Southend is on the list to be developed by UK2000 somewhere this year.

My suggestion would be EGAE Derry (or Londonderry as it is sometimes called) in Northern Ireland. Nobody has done this airport yet, but it's a nice place. It has several scheduled flights by Ryanair and some summer charters by Thomson Airways and furthermore a lot of GA traffic. What also makes this airport special is the railway just in front of the runway. If an airliner is landing or taking off, the train should wait for it. If a GA aircraft is landing or taking off, it should abort or go around if a train is passing.

Edited by PatrickZ, 11 February 2015 - 08:52 am.

#30 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:57 am

Just to say Southend is a no go at the minute as they are still doing upgrades to the airport and the ground imagery that we can purchase is from before all the upgrades started.

As for Derry getting ground imagery for Northern Ireland is rather tricky as its very patchy and the quality is low

Paul

#31 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:52 pm

I would say that makes EGNV Durham Tees Valley a potential candidate, although I am also desperate for a highly detailed version of EGTE Exeter....

#32 andyb_1972

andyb_1972

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:45 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new to SIM720, having just bought the wonderful Oban and Inverness airports as a post-Christmas treat for myself. I love both these products and have been doing most of my recent flying in and out of them (though I'm still hopeless at landing on runway 19 at Oban). Without a doubt I will be adding Stornoway and Caernafron to my sim very soon too. Just a wee suggestion for a future airport - how about Dundee (EGPN)? Dramatic waterfront location overshadowed by the historic Tay Bridge, lots of interesting buildings and terrain nearby. Maybe a twin pack with nearby former RAF Leuchars (EGQL)?

• Barry Hudson likes this

System Specs: i5 4690K @4.40GHz, 8GB 1600MHz, GTX 970 4GB

Software: Win7 x64, P3Dv2.4, ASN, REX4 TD, REX Soft Clouds, Orbx FTX Global, Vector, openLC Europe, various FTX Regions

SIM720 products: EGEO Oban, EGPE Inverness

#33 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:10 pm

Thanks Andy and great to hear your enjoying the airports, I can't do 19 either. Dundee? we will have a look.
  • andyb_1972 likes this

#34 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:30 pm

I have mentioned this airport before, and I am aware that photographic base images are expensive from the Republic of Ireland. However, I would love to see a super detailed version of EINN Shannon. The EireSim version is a bit dated now, and it does not have a photo base image (which is absolutely essential for flightsim airports these days). Whilst it may not be quite as important as it used to be, EINN Shannon is still a sort of "stepping stone" between Europe and the USA. It has a long runway (10495 feet), which means that it would also be attractive to the long haul flightsim customers, and it is located in a very beautiful area of Ireland (close to the Shannon Estuary). US customs and agriculture inspections have apparently been added, and it is hoped that these will be a big incentive to airlines and business jet operators in the future.

This is probably one of the most important airports on my flightsim radar since I decided to expand my flying exploits from the UK into Ireland. I have both volumes of the PlayHorizon VFR GenX photoscenery of the Republic of Ireland installed (together with Aerosoft Dublin and EireSim Cork), and EINN Shannon would be the icing on the cake as far as large Irish airports are concerned.

I am not optimistic that SIM720 (or anyone else) will be able to take on this project, but I would pay considerably over the going rate for a top quality version of this airport wink.png

#35 DeeJay

DeeJay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:14 pm

Interesting suggestions here. I've got one more. I'm certainly not a fan of "FS only exists in the US", and I'm looking forward for several further European and also Latin American airports being developed. But one more US airport would certainly fit very well into your profile: Van Nuys, CA - a very important GA airport in real life which would fit very well to McClellan, Catalina, Santa Barbara, ORBX' Palm Springs, LatinVFR's San Diego area and of course for the upcoming SoCal region by ORBX.

#36 dradecki

dradecki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:39 am

One airport that is overlooked is KPDX.  The Portland airport needs a redo for FSX.

#37 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:30 am

Gary Summons has just posted details of his "to do" list over on the UK2000 forum. Based on this, I would say that the two large UK airports that are the most important to consider for SIM720 are EGTE Exeter (way down Gary's list), and EGNV Durham Tees Valley (not on Gary's list at all).

Edited by Christopher Low, 27 February 2015 - 11:07 am.

#38 VoltageAviation

VoltageAviation

Advanced Member

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:41 pm

Completely agree Christopher

Edited by VoltageAviation, 27 February 2015 - 02:43 pm.

#39 VoltageAviation

VoltageAviation

Advanced Member

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:37 pm

Another airport which is not England is GMMX Marrakech Menara

• Barry Hudson likes this

#40 lionwing

lionwing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:47 pm

I would like to see Humberside / EGNJ on the "todo" list.

There is a old version as part of the UK2000 VFR Airfields package but it is several years old and quite possibly out of date.

Humberside offers a great mix of helicopter traffic (and supporting facilities), general aviation as well as commercial traffic so a great blend all round with lots of appeal to different types of pilot. (Wider market appeal?)

L2MXkHR.png

Previous freeware versions are fondly remembered by many at Hovercontrol as one of their members created versions of the airport from FS98 through to FS2004.  

As far as I am aware it isn't on any other commercial developers list (I have searched a LOT for EGNJ)

On a more selfish note my VA flies from Humberside and I'd be pretty sure that there would be me and twenty other pilots scrambling for the virtual checkout on release of EGNJ!

Edited by lionwing, 20 April 2015 - 04:00 pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users