21 replies to this topic

#1 Jacob Axford

Jacob Axford

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:16 pm

Hey!

I've recently noticed there really does appear to be a lack of scenery for the North of England (VFR). ORBX seem to pretty much only make airfields down south for some reason and now sim720 have released Caernarfon there is a good destination for VFR flights from the Northern England. I currently fly from Barton or as officially known Manchester City Airport & Heliport, I am wondering if you could consider making Barton for FSX so there can be somewhere to fly to vfr with out having to go down to the south from Caernarfon to get some more nice scenery. Barton is a great airfield and features a grade 2 listed control tower, North west air ambulance and the Police helicopter. There is a great surrounding area that could be developed as well for Barton to enhance the experience such as The Trafford Centre, Chill Factore, Salford City Reds stadium & Barton Bridge. It would be great to become a customer of SIM720 as I see the quality of your scenery looks super!

Please consider this!

Thanks

Jacob

• anfield ace likes this

#2 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:22 pm

Jacob thanks for the suggestion. Will give feedback.

#3 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:37 pm

I'm 30mins down the M62 from Barton Barry, if it's something you were interested in I could do some of the legwork for you? Just shout if there's anything I can do. K
  • Nick Svejdal likes this

#4 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:03 pm

Cheers kev

#5 anfield ace

anfield ace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:46 pm

What a brilliant suggestion! I second that!

Cheers,

Mal.

#6 onyxcrowle

onyxcrowle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:07 am

I just bought Oban, Thank you so ,uch for making it, I canmt wait to try it. Its downloading now but I need my bed due to an Early start.

Would you please consider doing the following.

Aberdeen Airport as there isnt a decent model of that.

Ditto Sumburgh has been done but not to your standard.

And Down here in England I would love to see you do Humberside airport.

As for Oban I love Oban, and would like to live there someday.

I am currently looking for rental property there (ok thats off topic, But if anyonme knows of any decent cottages please do let me know ).

Is it ok to post my number? 07538 810193.

Anwyay my massive thanks again.

~I had he chance to FLy from Oban in 2011 , I metup with a flyinng instructor there, Who took me up with out charge for a spin in his Powered GLider, It was the most amazing experiemce ever.

Id ove to get in touch with him again.

I cant recall his name, But think it was Ian.

Th aircraft was a red and white ex RAF aircraft.

And utterly unforgettable experince .

So thank you for bringing us this fsx add on! :)

kindest warm regards to you and all onm the forum.

I currently stay not far from Doncaster Airport (20 end).

Amd we get to see a variety of stuff in there including XH558 Our Rsident flyable Vucan.

Id love to do a private flight sometime from Doncaster Upto Oban.

Anyway thanks for reading, And I hope my question about cottages and including my number isnt oit of line as I meant no offence.

Just if you dont ask you dont find out,

Kind Regards

Jonathan Roberts

Crowle North Lincs

#7 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:23 am

Aberdeen Airport as there isnt a decent model of that.

Ditto Sumburgh has been done but not to your standard.

Gary Summons (UK2000) intends to make Aberdeen Xtreme at the end of this year, or early next year.

ORBx will be releasing EGPB Sumburgh any day now. I will be purchasing this one as soon as it is released, so I will let you know about compatibility with GenX photoscenery and Scotflight.

Edited by Christopher Low, 20 May 2014 - 09:24 am.

#8 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:04 pm

Onyxcrowie, this is your space, post what you like. Good and bad comments nothing is deleted. Only swear words, bulling, racial etc are not permitted.

#9 fiftysix

fiftysix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:39 am

I'm 30mins down the M62 from Barton Barry, if it's something you were interested in I could do some of the legwork for you? Just shout if there's anything I can do. K

Cheers kev

Hi guys,

I actually photographed every inch of this airport last year.. some 750 hi res photos annotated with all plans of the buildings.... also, had access to all runways... all markings photographed and nearby police helicopter port 

John 

Edited by fiftysix, 23 May 2014 - 10:45 am.

#10 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:06 am

Thanks John, nice one! maybe if Sim720 don't take it on as a projects we can do something between us? :)

#11 fiftysix

fiftysix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:44 am

Thanks John, nice one! maybe if Sim720 don't take it on as a projects we can do something between us? :)

Yeah, would be cool!

I also photographed Panshanger airport.. has one of the most prettiest and charming airport cafes I have seen.

I have a 1000 + photos... here's 4 of them.... resized of course!

i7tL3.jpg

XtPoi.jpg

nI5d.jpg

ebzMZ.jpg

#12 fiftysix

fiftysix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:57 am

and a couple here from Barton.... resized!

IBpX0.jpg

hUknH.jpg

cVHx1.jpg

L3Wu0.jpg

#13 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:56 pm

I see you are one of the few people who understand the importance of getting straight on shots wherever possible :) were you able to get close ups of the materials as well? And the surrounding buildings in the immediate area? :P

#14 fiftysix

fiftysix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:07 pm

I see you are one of the few people who understand the importance of getting straight on shots wherever possible :) were you able to get close ups of the materials as well? And the surrounding buildings in the immediate area? :P

Oh yes, most definitely. As steady and square on as possible. I also do a few perspective shots for reference. There is nothing worse to find when you get home and have to go through 1000 photos, remembering where they were! I then draw diagrams of the buildings with jpeg keys to where the pictures relate to on the diagram.

Every inch; bin, fence, bush, sign gets photographed... it's funny though, as most of the regular plane spotters look at me in disbelief when they see me taking a picture of a bin/wall when they are snapping the planes.. I soon explain to them what I am doing and they either shrug or seem mildly impressed.

Airports to date are: Stapleford Abbotts, Damyns Hall, Elstree, Welshpool, Caernarfon, Fairoaks and countless others :)

ZJoR.jpg

0p5CM.jpg

K9JiY.jpg

DrYwI.jpg

PwbBs.jpg

Kdyal.jpg

BG58D.jpg

6QzqW.jpg

#15 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:28 pm

I get the feeling that SIM720 should get you a pass for EGNV Durham Tees Valley.....

• VoltageAviation likes this

#16 fiftysix

fiftysix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:30 pm

I get the feeling that SIM720 should get you a pass for EGNV Durham Tees Valley.....

I'll do it if they want me to :)

• VoltageAviation likes this

#17 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:30 pm

Erm guys I think you just found a staff photographer :P

#18 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:53 pm

Fiftysix, great to have you back. Will talk soon.

#19 VoltageAviation

VoltageAviation

Advanced Member

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:18 am

Havent been to Durham Tees Valley in about 4-6 years haha I really need to go back sometime. The good thing about EGNV is the runway and airport is big enough for the much larger aircraft just the airlines weren't getting enough passengers from there.

#20 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:16 pm

fiftysix, were you able to get high res close up shots of grass runway/taxiway/asphalt areas while you were there please? (as in straight vertically downwards)

Cheers k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users