• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 gdavej

gdavej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:29 am

I just tried flying from Santa Barbara to Catalina. When I arrived at Catalina island, the area around the airport was a mix of red, white and black, as can be seen in the image below. This airport was working okay when I bought it, 2 months ago. Not sure what has screwed it up now. Hopefully somebody can suggest a solution.

7j5OTx.jpg

#2 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:11 am

Hi,

What scenery are you using? Default, Orbx Global or Mega Scenery Earth

where is Catalina listed in your scenery library?

Is it just the ground that is wrong or does it affect the buildings as well?

Have you tried re-installing Catalina again? it may be just a corrupt file.

Paul

#3 gdavej

gdavej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:12 am

Hi,

What scenery are you using? Default, Orbx Global or Mega Scenery Earth

where is Catalina listed in your scenery library?

Is it just the ground that is wrong or does it affect the buildings as well?

Have you tried re-installing Catalina again? it may be just a corrupt file.

Paul

I'm using Orbx Global in P3D v2.2, although I did notice, when I opened the SIM720 control panel that the box for MegaScenery was checked for Catalina. After I changed this to Orbx Global, my problems with red scenery started. After posting my query,  I tried reinstalling, and once again the MegaScenery option for Catalina was checked by default. I left it checked, and all the red scenery (as well as the white and black) disappeared. I haven't checked yet what happens if I check Orbx instead, but I suspect this is my problem.

#4 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:21 am

If swapping between MegaScenery and Orbx Global fixes/breaks it then its a corrupt file. The different options just change the ground imagery to better match the surrounding scenery.

Paul

#5 gdavej

gdavej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:25 am

This is weird. The red hills appear whenever I switch compatibility from MegaScenery California (which is not installed in P3D) to Orbx Global (which is installed). I downloaded a fresh version of the scenery, and although this compared exactly with the original downloaded file, I reinstalled the scenery from this new download; and still got the problem of the red hills showing. So if this is a corrupt file, then it's in 2 downloads (from separate sources... one from Dropbox and the other from CDN).

#6 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:36 am

Can you try setting it to default compatibility and see if its works?

Do you have any other addon's in the area other than ksba?

I'm doing a fresh download myself to triple check and will do some more investigation.

Paul

#7 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:05 am

Ok did a fresh install of Orbx global + patches then a fresh download (from CDN) KAVX and checked all 3 compatibility options and all work fine.

So the quickest way to find out if the file is corrupt on your system is to:

1. Download this Attached File  TmfViewer.zip   134.99KB   554 downloads

2. Unzip and move the file to here "{fsx/p3d}\SIM720\Airports\SIM720_KAVX\Scenery\"

3. Set the control panel to Orbx global compatibility

4. Drag this file "S720_KAVX_60cm_ORBX.BGL" on to "TmfViewer.exe"

It should look like this picture, if not the file is corrupt.

kavx-check.jpg

Paul

#8 gdavej

gdavej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:53 pm

Can you try setting it to default compatibility and see if its works?

Do you have any other addon's in the area other than ksba?

I'm doing a fresh download myself to triple check and will do some more investigation.

Paul

Hi Paul

I do have other sceneries in the area, notably FSDreamTeam LAX and Aerosoft US Cities Los Angeles (seems to work fine in P3D v2.2 even though it isn't officially ready for P3D). I'll test that bgl file tonight (EST) when I get home with the tmf viewer.

Thanks

David

#9 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:57 pm

you can also try disabling the other scenery one at a time to see if fixes it, also have you followed the steps to make it compatible with aerosoft us cities http://forum.sim720....t-us-cities-la/

Paul

#10 gdavej

gdavej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:38 am

Hi Paul

I tested S720_KAVX_60cm_ORBX.BGL with the tmf viewer, it looked just like your snapshot, so I guess it's not corrupt. I tried deactivating both LA sceneries (FSDreamTeam and Aerosoft US Cities), and still got those red hills. This has nothing to do with Orbx Global Vector, does it? I ran the configurator, and it didn't show anything for KAVX.

David

#11 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:32 am

This is weird as the only difference between the megascenery earth and orbx global compatibility image is the colours. Global vector shouldn't affect it either.

Does it stay red if you set it to default compatibility as per the steps to make it compatible with aerosoft us cities?

#12 gdavej

gdavej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:07 am

Hi Paul

I changed the compatibility to Default, and the hills stayed red as before. I changed the 2 bgl files as outlined in the other post, and the red disappeared, but the white areas stayed...

GCjhsg.jpg

I think I'll stick to running it with Megascenery compatibility even though I don't have that installed in P3D

David

#13 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:41 am

Ok, If i discover what is causing it i will update this post.

Paul

#14 waynelp

waynelp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:13 am

Greetings, I was going to post this same thing tonight.  Then saw this post. I see exactly the same thing.

I use all the FTX products.  Dreamteam KLAX. Do not have any megascenery.   This was not like this until the P3dV2.3 install as this is the first time I have flown it since then. It is listed at the top of my libraries.  I have turned off FTX global airports for catalina. I do not have the aerosoft catalina. 

I also have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, to no avail. I have tried all I can. I await your findings.

Thanks.

kavx.jpg

Edited by waynelp, 29 September 2014 - 04:19 am.

#15 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:15 am

I seem to remember something similar to this happening with an old version of UK2000 London Heathrow airport, and it had something to do with the season changing from summer to autumn/fall. Can I just ask you to change the date to a week ago in the sim, and see what happens?

Edited by Christopher Low, 29 September 2014 - 10:15 am.

#16 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:35 pm

I think i tracked it down, and yes it seems to only affect P3Dv2. Its to do with the null values. Will put out a test patch to beta testers this afternoon.

#17 waynelp

waynelp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:31 pm

I seem to remember something similar to this happening with an old version of UK2000 London Heathrow airport, and it had something to do with the season changing from summer to autumn/fall. Can I just ask you to change the date to a week ago in the sim, and see what happens?

I changed the time and season back to summer.  It plays correctly. 

Thanks.

#18 Mike62

Mike62

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:24 pm

I think i tracked it down, and yes it seems to only affect P3Dv2. Its to do with the null values. Will put out a test patch to beta testers this afternoon.

I am also having this issue with FSX and Orbx Global.   Red areas in the fall, switched to Summer and texture issues were gone.    This was a from a fresh download of Version 1.1 of the scenery.

Thanks,

Mike Cameron

#19 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:43 am

We have a patch being tested at the minute that should fix this issue, hopefully released at the weekend.

#20 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:20 am

Patch released http://forum.sim720....20-kavx-patch2/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users