3 replies to this topic

#1 MWR

MWR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:13 am

Hi all.

I recently purchased both Inverness and Stornoway and have been greatly impressed with both. Having seen that suggested projects are invited I thought I'd chip in. I'd love to see a Sim720 version of both Kirkwall and Benbecula. Both would be excellent additions to the excellent EGPE and EGPO. I have a particularly soft spot for Kirkwall and love the fact that it's the only airport I've ever seen that has it's name signed on the landside of the terminal in Viking runes! Of course, having Kirkwall would open up the possibility of a package including Sanday, Stronsay, Eday, Westray, Papa Westray, and North Ronaldsay, which are all licensed airfields with scheduled services but, hey, as usual, I'm getting ahead of myself there!

Regards.

Mike 

#2 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:05 am

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions, i have added them to the ever growing list of requested airports (no promises as the list is long and lots of factors affect our choices)

Paul

#3 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:26 am

Mike,

Scotflight includes versions of all of the small airfields in the Orkneys (plus Kirkwall), although they are not up to the level of quality displayed in SIM720 airports. However, I agree that SIM720 versions of EGPL Benbecula and EGPA Kirkwall would be very nice!

Edited by Christopher Low, 09 October 2014 - 11:27 am.

#4 MWR

MWR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:22 pm

Hi Chris.

I currently run Scotflight and have been very happy to do so but.....As you say. The quality of the Sim720 airports is so good it has taken my appreciation to a new level of what could be expected. I also very much like the capability to be able to choose between Photo scenery and ORBX Scotland which I can't currently do. Yes. I'm one of those awkward people who like the ORBX scenery for the Mainland and photo-scenery for the Hebrides, Orkney and Shetland. There's always one! And in this case, I'm it.

Mike  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users