4 replies to this topic

#1 ajubb17

ajubb17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:08 pm

Hi,

Just installed Inverness airport scenery. As it's autumn here in Scotland now I arrived to find that all of the grass textures on the airfield are a sort of desert sand colour, most disconcerting! If I switch to summer then green grass returns. Any ideas how to get typical dull green grass for autumn (and probably winter)?

Andy

#2 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:50 pm

Hi,

By the sounds of it you haven't set the "product compatible with" part in the SIM720 control panel, this adjusts the ground blending so it matches the areas around it better and changes with all seasons.

If that doesn't fix the issue please post a top down screenshot of the airport so i can see what you mean better and also state what ground scenery you are using? (Default/Orbx/Horizon)

Paul

#3 ajubb17

ajubb17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:06 pm

Hi Paul,

Using a clean copy of FSX SP2 I did various tests and it would seem that landclass files for Scotland are causing my problem. I use Scotflight Standard v3 but also had some other landclass files installed. On my test, once these were removed the grass textures went to a normal colour for the season. I am going to reinstall the whole FSX system and addons, painful, but it should solve my problems. I'll let you know if there are still problems afterwards.

Andy

#4 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:08 pm

before you re-install have a quick check of this post http://forum.sim720....ght-and-sim720/and just disable the scotflight files

#5 ajubb17

ajubb17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:33 am

Thanks for that link. I was planning to take out the Inverness/EGPE references in the Scotflight files. Interestingly I found that by setting the Control Panel product compatibility to ORBX the green textures came back and all looks fine again. Interesting as I don't use ORBX, yet anyway. I'm happy again!!

Andy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users