• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 nwarren421

nwarren421

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:20 pm

Have really been looking forward to this product, and the buildings are modeled beautifully.  I dread having to install things on top of MegasceneryX Socal because it usually doesn't play nice.  Such is the case with KCRQ. 

I have KCRQ layered above MegasceneryX and I do have compatability selected with Megascenery Earth (Georgia?).  Additionally I have any references to CRQ in Megascenery disabled with ".off".  Below is what I am seeing. 

Additionally, I tried the patch flatten file located in the P3d thread below, but it also did not work.

crq1.jpg

crq2.jpg

crq3.jpg

The issue seems to resolve with a little bit of altitude (scratches head)

crq4.jpg

Any help is appreciated,

Nick

#2 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:30 pm

Hi Nick,

Sorry about that
Can you tell me what height you have at each end of the runway when in the trike please.
I'm just doing a fresh install of Megascenery now and yes it should of said California and not Georgia.

Paul

#3 nwarren421

nwarren421

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:47 pm

Rwy 24:  339.2ft

Rwy 6:  339.2ft

Thank you for your time in working on this.

Nick

• Barry Hudson likes this

#4 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:20 pm

Thanks for that, I'm having to re-download MegaScenery which is going to take around 4 hours, will work on the fix first thing tomorrow morning.

Paul

#5 nwarren421

nwarren421

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:38 pm

Thanks Paul.  I'm sure it uses the same data, but I have MegasceneryX "Southern California" installed not Megascenery Earth product.

#6 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:51 pm

Ah good catch never noticed that, its different and not tested for compatibility.
Will need to speak with the accounts department about getting a copy but as its posted DVD's only will take a few days minimum.
Can you tell me the names of the files you disabled as i might be able to work something out without having the product.

Paul

#7 nwarren421

nwarren421

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:34 pm

Only KCRQ-McClellan-Palomar.BGL to KCRQ-McClellan-Palomar.off

#8 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:46 pm

Hi again,

can you disable our airport and retest the height at each end of the runway in the trike again please i should then be able to make a flatten that works for you.

Paul

#9 nwarren421

nwarren421

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:48 pm

Paul,

337.2ft at both ends.

Thanks,

Nick

#10 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:30 pm

Hi,

Can you try this file for me
1. Download Attached File  CVX_S720_KCRQ_flatten-msX.zip   952bytes   516 downloads
2. extract and overwrite the file here "{fsx}\SIM720\Airports\SIM720_KCRQ\Scenery\"
3. report back

Paul

#11 nwarren421

nwarren421

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:48 pm

Absolutely, thanks Paul. I won't be able to get to it for a few hours but will insert it and give it a go as soon as I can and report back.

Nick

#12 nwarren421

nwarren421

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:56 am

Okay, so we're on a good path with that file.  Everything is showing up correctly anyway.  The elevation of the runway is still off, however the ramp area is great.  Maybe make the runway elevation the same as the rest of the field somehow?  Ramp area measures 337.0ft

Runway with patch flatten file:

crqfix1.jpg

crqfix2.jpg

Ramp area with flatten patch:

crqfix3.jpg

Edited by nwarren421, 02 February 2015 - 06:57 am.

#13 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:33 am

ok almost there,

Can you try this file for me
1. Download Attached File  KCRQ_ADEX_PW_msX.zip   5.29KB   531 downloads
2. extract and overwrite the file here "{fsx}\SIM720\Airports\SIM720_KCRQ\Scenery\"
3. report back

Hopefully this will make the runway the correct height and you should then be all good.

Paul

#14 nwarren421

nwarren421

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:40 pm

Good morning Paul,

Well this one yielded the same results as the previous one.  What seems to be happening is a small differential between the runway elevation and the taxiway/ramp elevation.  Using ADE, I changed the airport altitude in KCRQ_ADEX_PW.BGL to 332.71ft (2 feet above the original airport altitude).  This places me at the perfect height on the runway, with the taxiways and ramp all rendering well, however when I taxi off the runway, I drop down a few feet and then I lose the taxiway and ramp textures.  I am quasi efficient with ADE, but found that I am unable to alter the runway altitude specifically as it is greyed out.  So, I can set the change the whole field elevation, but what I think needs to happen is a difference between the runway and the rest of the airport altitude.  I'm going into take some screens now of what I'm referring to.  Thank you again for all the time your investing in this.

Nick

Edit:  Looking at the one you just sent me, you placed the runway and airport altitudes the same, so I am just scratching my head.

Edit:  Can you bring the runway altitude down 2 feet while leaving the rest of the airport altitude intact?

crqfix5.jpg

crqfix6.jpg

Edited by nwarren421, 02 February 2015 - 05:13 pm.

#15 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:12 pm

Hi,

as far as i know you cant adjust the runway height separately from the rest.

This is really weird as the idea of the flatten is to flatten the ground to match the airport height but your seems to be ignoring the flatten.

can you search your whole fsx folder for "KCRQ" and report back any files not in the sim720 folder.

Paul

#16 nwarren421

nwarren421

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:28 pm

I agree it's very strange behavior.  And in the end, it may just be something I have to live with.  I ran a search of my HDD consisting of "*crq*.bgl"  The only file outside the Sim720 folders was one of yours.  C:\FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery\KCRQ_ADEX_PW_ALT.BGL

Edit:  Would making a change in the control panel to default or ORBX as opposed to Megascenery make a difference?  Or is this just for texture matching?

Edited by nwarren421, 02 February 2015 - 06:29 pm.

#17 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:33 pm

no changing to default or Orbx would only change the texture matching.

if that file is the other one i sent you it's in the wrong location and should of replaced the one in "{fsx}\SIM720\Airports\SIM720_KCRQ\Scenery\KCRQ_ADEX_PW.BGL" having both wont help and could cause problems with 2 heights.

Paul

#18 nwarren421

nwarren421

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:36 pm

I think KCRQ_ADEX_PW_ALT.BGL is part of the original install.  It is nothing that you sent me in replacement.  I set it to .off and it doesn't make a difference one way or the other.

Please know that I am overall satisfied with the product.  I don't spend a lot of time in outside view, so sans evaluating the scenery, I'd probably not notice it, well except for not timing my flare just right ;-)  Please don't think it's a deal breaker for me, and I so very much appreciate all of the work you are putting into it.  I'm trying with my limited design knowledge to work with a fix as well.

Edited by nwarren421, 02 February 2015 - 06:38 pm.

#19 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:17 pm

It's times like these when I wish that I had a copy of Megascenery X Southern California, so that I could try to help sad.png

#20 nwarren421

nwarren421

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:15 pm

Okay, so here's what I ended up doing.  I set the KCRQ_ADEX_PW_ALT.BGL and the CVX_S720_KCRQ_flatten.BGL and set them to ".off"  I then took the original KCRQ_ADEX_PW.BGL and increased the airport from 330.71 to 332.71 (The amount I knew worked for the runway).  I then built a flatten to 332.71ft around the airport in ADE which generated a CVX file.  I am now working fully and in good shape.  No sinking or rising above terrain and no texture bleed through.  So it's a bandaid based on my situation, but it enables me to fully enjoy the product as it was intended.  The one thing I just noticed however, in all of my testing, I have no taxiway signs.  Is that a victim of elevation error or are they just somehow missing?  Again, thanks for all of your time.

Nick

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users