#1 GordonH

GordonH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:27 pm

Hi guys,

Just wondering if there are any European sceneries in the works, as the last 3 or 4 releases have been US destinations??

Cheers

• Barry Hudson and Jonathan Winton like this

9700K@5.0 | MSI Z390 Pro Carbon | 32Gb 3200Mhz DDR4 | RTX2080 | 65" Sony 4K | Iris Dynamics Yoke | CPFlight & Goflight

Oban

Stornoway

Inverness

Caernarfon

#2 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:59 pm

Gordon will update you soon.

• GordonH likes this

#3 PatrickZ

PatrickZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:44 am

I have to agree on this. While the US products are no doubt beautiful, they mean nothing to me because I don't fly there. I'd rather see some European destinations, they mean a lot more to me. With European airports I got a feeling that I don't have with American airports.

• Barry Hudson and Jonathan Winton like this

#4 Jonathan Winton

Jonathan Winton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:03 am

Im still vouching for Aberdeen. Great airport, and still after years still no one has done any decent scenery. Hear rumours of Eiresim starting there own soon which may even be done before UK2000. It would be a great move for SIm720 in my opinion.  I agree with all the comments. Us airports- great. But id never buy the scenery or use it as I never fly from there. Sure theres alot the same. 

But hey , see how it goes. 

#5 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:32 am

Where did you hear rumours that EireSim were creating a version of Aberdeen Airport, Jonathan? For the record, UK2000 Aberdeen is apparently 4th on Gary's list, and he is hoping to release it later this year. To be honest, I would have preferred to see this one done next, because I personally feel that it is the most important UK airport that has not yet been given the UK2000 Xtreme treatment. As I have stated before, I would prefer to see SIM720 develop airports that are not currently on the release radars of any other developers, which is why the likes of EINN Shannon (sorry, I had to get that one in again), EGNV Durham Tees Valley, and that EGPN Dundee suggestion above would make more sense. I think another interesting one would be EGTK Oxford.....

#6 Airtrooper

Airtrooper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:19 pm

Is anyone here local to the aforementioned airfields and has access?

#7 GordonH

GordonH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:03 am

Gordon will update you soon.

Any updates lads?

9700K@5.0 | MSI Z390 Pro Carbon | 32Gb 3200Mhz DDR4 | RTX2080 | 65" Sony 4K | Iris Dynamics Yoke | CPFlight & Goflight

Oban

Stornoway

Inverness

Caernarfon

#8 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:56 am

Hi,

We haven't made a decision yet, we are trying to find airports people want without stepping on other developers toes and where we can get permission and pictures from the airport. We have had several uk airports refuse permission.

Paul

• GordonH likes this

#9 GordonH

GordonH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:29 am

Hi,

We haven't made a decision yet, we are trying to find airports people want without stepping on other developers toes and where we can get permission and pictures from the airport. We have had several uk airports refuse permission.

Paul

Ah...UK bureaucracy!

Oh well, something from the continent perhaps? Switzerland, France, Spain, Portugal - all sadly very under represented in the scenery addon department.

France in particular, there seems to be alot of scenery available but hardly any airport addons.

Edited by GordonH, 24 March 2015 - 11:33 am.

Oban

Stornoway

Inverness

Caernarfon

#10 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:51 pm

We have had several uk airports refuse permission.

Very annoying, to say the least. If I was going to suggest a UK airport at this moment in time, it would have to be EGTE Exeter. A decent version of that airport is desperately needed, and Gary's UK2000 version is a long way off if his current plans are any indication.

Edited by Christopher Low, 24 March 2015 - 06:52 pm.

• Jonathan Winton likes this

#11 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:28 am

Very annoying, to say the least. If I was going to suggest a UK airport at this moment in time, it would have to be EGTE Exeter. A decent version of that airport is desperately needed, and Gary's UK2000 version is a long way off if his current plans are any indication.

We have contacted Exeter Airport Operations but currently they have declined permission.

• Christopher Low likes this

#12 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:35 pm

EGTK Oxford would be nice......

Edited by Christopher Low, 27 March 2015 - 09:25 am.

#13 Bruce Hamilton

Bruce Hamilton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:18 pm

We have contacted Exeter Airport Operations but currently they have declined permission.

So you shoot from outside the fence with a longer lens.

Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

#14 codo

codo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:18 am

Hello guys ! Just a suggestions and a dream (if UK bureaucracy is not to bee severe) and like your east Friesland pack : Coll, Tiree, Mull (Glenforsa), Colonsay and Islay. 

#15 lionwing

lionwing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:15 am

Humberside...EGNJ...I mentioned it elsewhere on the fourm!

Great mix of traffic type from GA, commercial to helicopters so quite a broad appeal to many different types of flyers.

Not sure what their position is on access etc but I guess it is a matter to speaking to the right people perhaps?

#16 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:56 am

Gary Summons (UK2000) has Humberside in his sights. He is currently working on VFR Airfields Volume 2 Version 2 and a new version of Stansted Xtreme, and these will be followed by Southend Xtreme, and then Humberside Xtreme.

Edited by Christopher Low, 21 April 2015 - 08:57 am.

#17 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:20 pm

how about Gloucester? Or double/triple packs of fields, I suggested that as an idea to Gary Summons when he tried Cumbernauld Xtreme well before it was taken on and implemented by Turbulent... Could be paired with Wolverhampton?

Edited by kevin firth, 07 May 2015 - 07:23 pm.

#18 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:46 pm

Gloucestershire and Wolverhampton would be great, Kevin! Another nice one might be Oxford and Cranfield.

#19 DeeJay

DeeJay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:18 pm

Hello guys ! Just a suggestions and a dream (if UK bureaucracy is not to bee severe) and like your east Friesland pack : Coll, Tiree, Mull (Glenforsa), Colonsay and Islay. 

Very good idea. I love flying in Scotland since I "discovered" Sim720. Now this would perfectly extend this area towards Ireland. BTW, what about some (Northern) Irish airports? Belfast City anyone?? Unfortunately Ireland isn't covered very well with good quality airports, at least not for Prepar3D.

#20 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:32 am

EINN Shannon would be the holy grail for me where Ireland is concerned, but I have already been told that photographic scenery base images are hideously expensive sad.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users