• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 DeeJay

DeeJay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:12 pm

EINN Shannon would be the holy grail for me where Ireland is concerned, but I have already been told that photographic scenery base images are hideously expensive sad.png

Do you mean they are even more expensive for Ireland? Or just expensive in general? I've heard the latter thing.

#22 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:05 pm

I mean for Ireland. A decent version of EINN Shannon is probably the most important target on my list, simply because I suspect that it is going to be difficult to convince anyone to build it!

#23 ScottecLEMD

ScottecLEMD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:09 pm

Id still like to see the HIAL airports - some great scenery but always forgotten. Sim720 did a great job on INV and SYY. How about KOI, BEB, BRR, TIR, ILY, CAL etc. Combined with Orbx Scotland it would make for some great VFR flying.

#24 Airtrooper

Airtrooper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:12 pm

I really like SIM720's Scottish airports (esp. Oban). I'd second any request for more, and would happily part with my money!

I also liked Caernarfon and would welcome some more Welsh airfields... again my credit card would be at the ready!

#25 thebes

thebes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:45 pm

I agree, more UK airfields please. The more the merrier. Plastic at the ready !

#26 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:04 pm

I'd prefer UK airfields myself, some potential themes..?
1. Airfields with some particular niche attraction, eg EGNF Netherthorpe, which has the shortest runway in the uk
2. Airports that take Q400's and A320's, as those are popular aircraft with new releases

#27 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:33 am

I could probably compile a list as long as the M6 of UK airfields/airports that I would like to see built by SIM720! There are a handful of small airfields not covered by UK2000 that would be nice, like EGLP Brimpton, EGKL Deanland, EGMT Thurrock, EGHB Maypole, and X2BP Bourne Park. A nice SIM720 airfield pack with all five of these combined would be very nice indeed! I am clueless when it comes to building and texturing models, but I have a lot of experience using Airport Design Editor, so building the AFD files for these would not be a problem, and I like to think that I have a good eye when placing clutter/static aircraft/caravans etc. I rebuilt seven of the airfields for version 2 of UK2000 VFR Airfields Volume 1, and it was great fun!

Edited by Christopher Low, 19 November 2015 - 11:36 am.

#28 Airtrooper

Airtrooper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:49 pm

I have no association with SIM720, besides being a very satisfied, happy and enthusiastic customer... but I am a scenery design hobbyist and FWIW I have Netherthorpe and Brimpton on my long-range radar. I already have fine resolution DEM and orthophotography for them, but no on-site photos, which'd be essential. If anyone is local to these airfields and/or can arrange access to them for photography (I could make it to Brimpton) I'd be willing to progress these as projects...

The same applies to a range of other airfields, but I don't think I'll list them all here. You might infer some from a previous post of mine though!

Edited by Airtrooper, 19 November 2015 - 07:51 pm.

#29 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:42 pm

I grew up 2 miles away from Netherthorpe :) Might be able to get back there sometime but difficult timewise right now :(

#30 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:35 am

I already have an AFD file and flatten file for EGLP Brimpton on my PC, together with a small high resolution base photo image from Virtual Earth. I was hoping to be able to use the building models from an older freeware version of this airfield (for my own personal use), but they do not appear to display at all in P3D!

#31 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:44 am

FS9 models dont disp in P3D, convert with MCX, then place with Instant scenery or ADE?

#32 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:45 am

AirTrooper's suggestion sounds like a better idea though. We should all combine forces to create a few of these airfields. It could be fun! :)

• kevin firth likes this

#33 Les

Les

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:23 am

Wouldn't it be nice if you could develop some of the airports in Hungary. Nagykanizsa in Zala county used to be a civil airport during the communist era, it still appears on Google Earth but much smaller, probably used by ultralight airplanes only.

#34 FlightMonkey

FlightMonkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:17 pm

Could I add a couple of suggestions to the pot.

Although they have been done, no really good up to date versions of Jersey EGJJ and Guernsey EGJB.

Also my local airport, Hawarden EGNR, which is one of the Airbus production facilities as well as a commercial airport....Beluga flying in and out is a great sight. :)

#35 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:59 pm

What about UK2000 Jersey Xtreme? In addition, UK2000 Guernsey Xtreme is the next airport on Gary Summons' list after he has completed Gatwick version 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users