• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 gsumner

gsumner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:31 pm

Ive never noticed before but Im getting about 10PFS when ever EGPE is visible when I pan round the outside view so something is not quite right.

I am using ORBX everything in this area + Night environment for the lights.

The problem was at dusk not sure about daytime. Will test soon.

Any starting points ?

Graham

Edited by gsumner, 13 April 2015 - 05:46 pm.

#2 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:46 pm

Hi,

A couple of questions to help identify the problem and how much affect is having.

1. What do you get from inside the cockpit as a comparison?

2. If you disable our airport in the scenery library what frame rate do you then get in outside view

3. what are your scenery density setting at?

Paul

#3 gsumner

gsumner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:08 pm

Hi Paul,

Im doing some more tests but it appears to be a lighting problem.

Im dropping from 30fps ( which im locked at ) during daylight down to 10 - 15 fps at dawn but only when the airport is in view.

Ive disabled night environment with no change and now going to try disabling EGPE

Will get back to you.

Graham

#4 gsumner

gsumner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:15 pm

Its in particular to when the airport terminal buildings are in view there is a drop in fps.

When scenery is disabled - 30fps

Should the libs be above or below the scenery ?

Graham

#5 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:32 pm

Thanks,

The LIBS should be above the SIM720 airports.

Can you check at full night time and see if it improves at all? I'll then do some testing tomorrow and see if i can reproduce the problem or not.

Paul

#6 gsumner

gsumner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:47 pm

OK Libs was in correct place.

Ive renamed all orbx bgl file that are related to EGPE to off but with no success.

Im sure it must be a light thing Paul. Full darkness is the same too. Just seems when the light are on the frames take a hit.

Its no real biggy for me as even 10fps is ok ish using DX10 but would be nice to get the lighting problem and this FPS thing sorted. Perhaps they are the same problem mate.

Im a DX10 fixer user and Night Environment light user.

My system is quite high end Intel i7-3770k overclocked at 4.4Ghz.

16Gb RAM

GeForce GTX 670 2Gb ( not the best card in the world but handles FSX quite happily )

Good luck

Graham

#7 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:54 pm

Thanks for the info, What version of DX10 fixer do you use? (if you know)

Yeah seems like an night lighting problem so will take a look and see what i find.

Paul

P.s your spec's are almost the same as our test pc at work except it has the GTX 680 and not overclocked.

#8 gsumner

gsumner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:39 pm

DX10 version is the latest but one as the latest is only read for P3d I believe.

#9 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:56 am

Been doing some testing this morning and can't get the FPS to drop below 30 but i don't have night environment with.

Do you know what version of Inverness you have installed? If not have a look in this text file "{fsx/p3d}\SIM720\User_Documents\Versions\SIM720_EGPE.TXT"

If its not V1.25 - 05 January 2015 can you try installing the latest version and test again.

Paul

#10 gsumner

gsumner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:40 am

Maybe I don't have latest version. I'll check when I get home later today and report back.

Thanks
Graham

#11 gsumner

gsumner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:53 pm

Paul,

I didnt have the latest version installed. I have now installed the latest version + libs but still only getting 15FPS when the airport is in view when lights are on.

Im using fiber accelerator so I can achieve better frame rates with that enabled. It just means to get it some of the trees in the distance arent drawn but I guess in darkness or low light this doesnt make much impact.

Im happy to leave this for now as its manageable but others may have problems with this. So I can work to track the problem down or just leave it for now whichevver you wish mate.

Graham

#12 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:55 pm

If your happy with it we can leave it as nobody else has reported it as a problem (if they do they we can look again)

Paul

#13 gsumner

gsumner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:14 pm

Cool thanks mate

Graham

#14 gsumner

gsumner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:18 pm

Paul,

Ive just found something out about this problem. Im sure youre familiar with ORBX addons. Are you familiar with setting FTX Central to Europe and Global ?

The problem was happening when I was set at Global ( hybrid mode ) and disappeared when in Europe mode.

I dont have time to try it now as I am 2 hrs ahead of UK timezone but if I set FTX to Global ( because I am flying to EGPE from say Amsterdam ), am I supposed to visit the EGPE configuration manager and take the tick out of the ORBX checkbox. Just wonder if something is clashing in Global mode.

Perahps if you are an ORBX user you could try this.

Cheers mate

Graham

#15 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:10 pm

I will have a play tomorrow with Global hybrid mode but it shouldn't make a difference and there is no need to Change the setting in EGPE control panel as that only affects the ground PR colour.

Paul

#16 ricardino

ricardino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:09 pm

Greetings !

I have the same FPS issue with EGPE and have tried the suggestions listed above but no success.

Am running P3D V3.3 and using ORBX Scotland. Have UK2000 airports installed and even Oban. All of them run perfectly. My FPS are crippled at 25 and this is what I get above Edinburgh downtown. When in EGPE and surroundings (e.g. 15 miles) I get in average 15 FPS but with huge variations, meaning that in some EGPE spots I get above 20.

Have tried everything , uninstalling and re-installing, playing with the sim720 settings etc 

Disabling ORBX Scotland did not make a difference.

But when ORBX Scotland is enabled and Sim720 EGPE is disabled, I get my 25 FPS again in ORBX EGPE 'default' .

Not quite sure what the conclusion with Gsumner was, but even playing with the ORBX 'hybrid' vs regions mode is not an option nowadays with FTX Central 3 as this logic appears to have been sunset in between.

Again, this issue is absolutely unique to EGPE which is unflyable as it stands.

But am delighted with Oban and looking forward to add Caernafon and Stornoway as soon as my EGPE miseries are sorted out.

Your recommendations will be appreciated !

Cheers, ricardino

#17 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:59 am

Hi,

Sorry your having problems, unfortunatly we never found out why and in the last 3 years you are only the second person to report this problem which leads me to think its some rare conflict between addons.

If you search your P3D install and disable anything to do with EGPE other than our airport and see if it helps

Paul

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Answered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users