• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TimSim

TimSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:59 pm

When starting the control panel for the first time and hitting 'Refresh' I get the following error:

An error has occurred in the SIM720 Control Panel application:

Problem copying files for refresh.

Unable to locate SIM720 Custom folder: 
C:\FSX Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SIM720\Scripts\Custom

Operating System:
Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

I have checked the FSX folder and the requested folder is indeed not there. I had to install the control panel from steam libraries as it was not installed with the DLC.

The add on is Stornoway purchased from the Steam DLC 

Many thanks

Tim

#2 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:06 pm

Hi Tim,

We fixed that error for Dovetail awhile ago, just waiting for them to release it.
Also you only need to press refresh if you are missing autogen trees.

And one last part, As you purchased one of our products from steam you will need to contact Dovetail direct with any issues as we have no control on the steam side. There support system is here http://dovetailgames.kayako.com

Thanks
Paul

#3 TimSim

TimSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:51 pm

Thanks for your quick reply. I have been away so didn't pick it up. I haven't tested the scenery yet but it doesn't appear in your control panel so I have to hope that it is ok with FTX Scotland as I have no option of changing the configuration.

I note your advice regards contacting Dovetail but I would imagine that is pretty much a waste of time since they do not know your product as well as you do.

Thank you.

#4 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:34 am

Hi,

When you say you had to "install the control panel from steam libraries" is that using the SIM720_LIBS from this site? If so it won'
t find the right spot as dovetail installs our product in a different location.

On steam you need to install the control panel, go to steam -> Library -> Tools and locate FSX Sim720 Configuration Tool. It will then install the control panel and you can change the options.

Paul

#5 TimSim

TimSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:15 am

Yes thanks I did that and the control panel installed ok with all the options displayed. However I still get the same error when pressing refresh. Reading elsewhere I believe the problem may be that the refresh button points to the wrong location at the root of the FSX folder and not the FSX/DLC folder where Steam stores the add ons. There doesn't seem to be an option in the config to point to the right location so not sure where to go from here.

The scenery displays ok and looks very nice, but loading times are incredibly slow, around 10 minutes. Loading times are back to normal if I deactivate the libraries but then obviously I lose the autogen. 

Kind regards

Tim

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Answered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users