• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 etien

etien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:04 pm

Will Santa Barbara Airport (KSBA) Catalina (KAVX) be patched/updated once Orbx South California is released for compatibility?  

#2 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:50 pm

If required we may release a patch/update yes

Paul

#3 DeeJay

DeeJay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:13 pm

Hi!

Just another question on Catalina: Did I see it right that the runway at your Catalina scenery is not sloped as in real life, but flat?

Regards, Dominik

#4 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:23 pm

you are correct the runway is flat, this allows AI aircraft to still use the runway. The rest of the terrain is correct.

All our runways are flat to keep compatibility as high as possible. We did try sloped runways on an airport we built for somebody else but the feedback i received was most wanted it flat so the AI could still function.

Paul

#5 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:39 pm

Did I see it right that the runway at your Catalina scenery is not sloped as in real life, but flat?

99.99% of runways in airport addon packages for FSX and P3D are flat.

#6 DeeJay

DeeJay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:55 pm

OK, nothing wrong with that. I understand the point of AI traffic compatibility.

#7 etien

etien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 05:03 pm

Hello;

Just bought McClellan-Palomar Airport KCRQ and Santa Barbara Airport KSBA and tried with SCA Orbx

Santa Barbara seems to fit nicely; ground color could be tuned down but no biggy. Very happy with this purchase

Did not manage to have McClellan Palomar working properly and is now disabled till the patch is released.

I could identify an elevation issue (switching OFF all the KCRQ orbx files did not do the trick and their slope adjustment is needed or the golf is corrupted) and the high def floor photo of the scene conflict with a lower Orbx rez one with no obvious way of desactivating the Orbx one.

Hope this helps

Etienne

#8 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:15 pm

Hello;

Just bought McClellan-Palomar Airport KCRQ and Santa Barbara Airport KSBA and tried with SCA Orbx

Santa Barbara seems to fit nicely; ground color could be tuned down but no biggy. Very happy with this purchase

Did not manage to have McClellan Palomar working properly and is now disabled till the patch is released.
I could identify an elevation issue (switching OFF all the KCRQ orbx files did not do the trick and their slope adjustment is needed or the golf is corrupted) and the high def floor photo of the scene conflict with a lower Orbx rez one with no obvious way of desactivating the Orbx one.

Hope this helps

Etienne

Please see this post http://forum.sim720....ftx-sca/?p=3166

Paul

#9 tmegowan

tmegowan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:41 pm

Any idea when the terminal jetways at KSBA will be fixed (need to come off the second floor)?

Thanks

#10 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:56 pm

Any idea when the terminal jetways at KSBA will be fixed (need to come off the second floor)?

Thanks

Hi again,

its the same answer as last time "No scheduled date for a patch yet." I will look at doing it when I get some spare time as its not a simple change.

Paul

#11 Stevebarker12

Stevebarker12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:49 am

Does  Santa Barbara airport scenery include the town and surrounding area of santa barbara?

kind regards

steve

Preston

UK

#12 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:54 am

Does  Santa Barbara airport scenery include the town and surrounding area of santa barbara?

kind regards

steve

Preston

UK

Hi,

No it only covers the airport (see picture belows for coverage)

coverage.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users