Did I do wrong?
xxd09

#2 Les

Les

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:24 pm

Hello all. I have just purchased the C42a last night and, like xxd09 above, I too have enjoyed flying it for the first time. At first I found the elevator trim very sensitive, the slightest touch on my trim button made it dive or climb like a homesick angel. I then opened the aircraft.cfg file and went to tuning; lo and behold, the elevator trim effectiveness had a value 9.6000. I have changed this to 1.0000, the usual value for an airplane with good stability, saved the file and re-selected the aircraft. It did the trick, it is now a real sweetie to fly. Les

#3 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 08:00 am

We are in final testing for P3D and will announce when its ready, the version you have put into P3D manually works but has a few errors which we are fixing now.

Paul

#4 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:16 pm

The Ikarus c42a is now available in P3D, see here for details https://forum.sim720...-v110-released/

#5 denesboy

denesboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 10:47 am

Fantastic aircraft so smooth...

Any chance of a paintkit or future repaints in the style of G-CIDS or G-OTTS??

Tom

Edited by denesboy, 01 September 2016 - 10:47 am.

#6 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:56 am

What do G-CIDS or G-OTTS look like?

We are looking at other repaints but no time frame yet

Paul

#7 denesboy

denesboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 02:16 pm

This is G-CIDS based locally in Norfolk...

https://www.flickr.c...2719041/sizes/l

Tom

#8 MikeFlight

MikeFlight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 04:19 pm

Hi,

I've bought the Ikarus yesterday. In principle a nice plane. For me I'm missing more repaints, especially with German registration. It would also be nice to have switches with klick-sound for more reality in the Cockpit, as well noise from the doors when opening/closing. Also a portable GPS ....Would be nice if that were to realize in a future patch.

Edited by MikeFlight, 16 October 2016 - 04:20 pm.

Happy Landings, Michael :)

#9 therictus

therictus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 04:04 pm

Dear all,

I've been a long- term Cherokee flier (real world many years ago, never finished PPL, now using A2A's fine offering). I do fly big tin on vatsim, but very rarely. I love VFR and GA and this forms the majority of my sim flying.

Some friends bought me a gift flight which they gave me during the summer. Not really knowing what planes I liked (or that it made a difference!!), they booked me on a C42. I was a little sceptical at first, but not after flying it. I loved the experience, especially the simplicity of operation and the handling is delightful!

I decided that I would go looking to find a C42 for prepar3d and discovered your lovely rendition of the aircraft (I hate calling it a microlight, it seems to not do it justice!) originally it was not available for P3D so I waited. Now that it is available, I am considering purchasing it.

However, I am somewhat curious about the price point. £25 plus VAT seems quite a lot for what is a very simple aircraft. I respect that the flight modelling has had a lot of work, but even the cockpit and instruments seem a little on the low-res side. It's been hard to find a really in depth review to convince me it's worth it. Many comments have included poor textures, lack of good sound modelling, no option for gps (even though I note from a google image search that many pilots are using them!)

So I thought I'd come to the horses' mouth and ask you guys directly. I'm not comparing the aircraft in terms of like for like details, but the A2A is roughly £11 more and features custom flight and engine modelling, fluid systems, weight and balance, wear and tear, a considerably more detailed cockpit (not just that the PA28 has more dials!!) custom gauges, etc.

I respect the flight model has been tested at the highest level and it flies well. But does that alone justify the price when compared to similar products on the market? The alabeo PA38 is £18 and has considerably better textures and flies tolerably well.

Just to explain, I'm not all about the look, I very rarely fly with views outside the cockpit and like things to be as real as possible. But I want to be convinced that there is real value for money here - could someone explain what I'm getting, or whether future updates will make it worthwhile?

Thanks - I apologise if this post sounds negative, it's not meant to be, I'm genuinely interested to find out!

Edit - I note from the Comco website that there are various options e.g. on instruments - even including a glass cockpit option. I'm more of a steam gauge person myself, but the ability to configure the instrument types and positions to match the real-world C42 one may be training in would be a nice feature.

Edited by therictus, 29 October 2016 - 10:08 pm.

#10 MikeFlight

MikeFlight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:28 pm

After longer use of this aircraft, I can now fully agree with therictus. The price is  absolutely not justified for this simple aircraft! :angry: Sorry, but it is. :(

Edited by MikeFlight, 30 October 2016 - 01:31 pm.

Happy Landings, Michael :)

#11 therictus

therictus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 12:31 pm

@Mike - as I mentioned, my question was not to produce a complaint thread regarding the product, but as a genuine pre-sales question.

However, I am disappointed that no-one has responded to my query - I'd hoped to find out more.

#12 therictus

therictus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:09 pm

Wow I have to say I am disappointed... Nearly three months and no reply :(

I really wasn't trolling or trying to cause a price storm, I was genuinely interested in what the package had to offer.

Putting that all to one side, no worries, may I ask alternatively whether there are any plans to release this aircraft for XPlane? Many thanks :)

#13 Rogerthedodger

Rogerthedodger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:11 pm

Can you confirm plans for Ikarus C42a for the new release of Prepar3d V4 which I have just purchased and installed. Many thanks.

#14 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:31 pm

Can you confirm plans for Ikarus C42a for the new release of Prepar3d V4 which I have just purchased and installed. Many thanks.

See this post https://forum.sim720...7-sim720-p3dv4/

Thanks

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users