5 replies to this topic

#1 bigtall10

bigtall10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:35 am

Hello,

I just got the C42A today and it is a great little aircraft. Great for low level VFR flying. However, I seem to be having a rather odd issue. I have the payware Flight1 GTN 750 gps addon that I've now come to fully rely on for all my flights. In fact, I no longer purchase any aircraft that do not have VC integration of the GTN. But for this little microlight, I decided to make an exception with the expectation that I will simply run the GTN in pop up mode like with any other addon aircraft. But for some strange reason, the GTN turns off by itself mid-flight after only a couple of minutes of taking off. I have never seen this behavior with any other addon aircraft. 

Have you guys hard-coded something in the C42A that prevents me from using even an external GPS unit? Please advise as this is prompting me to request for a refund if I cannot use my expensive GPS addon.

Thank you.

#2 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:13 am

Hi,

We didn't hard coded anything stopping the GPS from working, we did turn off certain things in the aircraft.cfg but not knowing how your addon works i cant say if that is the cause or not.

Paul

#3 bigtall10

bigtall10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:11 pm

Thanks for the reply Paul.

Do you mind elaborating on what was turned off in the cfg?

The GTN 750 is a very commonly used GPS addon for VFR aircraft and it is designed to work independent of any aircraft addon. So the fact that this is happening means something is not right.

I use the GPS with aircraft addons from all manufactures and this is the first time this is happening. It's almost like I turn off the master battery and master avionics midflight and the GPS turns off. But off course, I'm not doing this. 

The GTN 750 has no on/off button and is either controlled by the aircraft's master battery switch and/or the avionics master switch, if installed. And given that the Ikarus does not have an avionics master swtich, the master battery switch turns the GPS on. But is it possible that there is a hidden avionics master fucntion in the aircraft?

Amir

Edited by bigtall10, 06 December 2016 - 07:13 pm.

#4 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:16 am

Hi,

I have asked the people that did the cfg and flight dynamics and will report back when i get an answer.

As for the Avionics switch that is linked to the radio and transponder on/off switch so as long as they are on it should work.

Paul

#5 bigtall10

bigtall10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:25 am

Okay. Thank you for looking into it. Please update when you hear something from cfg folks. :)

#6 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:57 pm

Hi,

I have been informed they removed everything to do with GPS as the aircraft doesn't have it.

Paul

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Answered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users