Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions will apply to you when using SIM720 Website.
You agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions as outlined below. Should you reject the following terms and conditions and not wish to be bound by them, then use of SIM720 website is prohibited to you.
We may update these terms and conditions from time to time without any notice to You. In addition to the following terms and conditions, You agree also to be bound by any guidelines or announcements that are made during your membership of SIM720. In addition, when using particular sections of SIM720, You shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services which may be posted from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the Terms and Conditions.
These definitions shall apply to the following terms and conditions in their entirety.
The term “You” or “Your” within these terms and conditions shall be accepted to refer to You, the user of SIM720. The term “We” or “Us” or “SIM720” refers to the SIM720 Forum, web site, and includes its members. The term “Registration Information” refers to any and all information that is provided by You to Us. The term “Member” refers to the members of SIM720 either individually or as a group. The term “Content” refers to but is not confined to text, links or images found within this web site The term “Confidential” refers to any and all information not available to the general public.
2. Account, Password and Security
- When creating an account it is Your responsibility to ensure a strong password is chosen.
- You confirm you are at least thirteen (13) years of age, underage users will have their accounts terminated.
- It is Your responsibility to ensure nobody else uses your account, You are fully responsible for any and all activities that occur under Your account.
- You agree to immediately notify the Admin of any security breach related to Your account.
- SIM720 are in no way responsible for any unauthorised use of the account.
3. Acceptable Behaviour
Your use of SIM720 website shall be in accordance with these conditions, which are non-negotiable.
You agree that you will not:
- Post, transmit, upload, email, Private message or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships, such as for example, inside information, confidential or proprietary information gained or disclosed as a part of employment relationships, or under agreements of nondisclosure.
- Post, transmit, upload, email or otherwise make available any content that in doing so infringes upon a trademark, patent, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any party.
- Post, transmit, upload, email, Private message or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses, computer code, programs or files that are designed to interrupt, limit the functionality of or destroy any computer hardware or software, or telecommunications equipment.
- Post, transmit, upload, email, Private message or otherwise make available any content that is illegal, abusive, harassing, defamatory, confidential, harmful, threatening, vulgar, libelous, sexual, political, invasive of another’s privacy, or ethnically, racially or otherwise objectionable.
- Post, transmit, upload, email, Private message or otherwise to advertise or solicit products, services, funds or donations.
- Impersonate any person or entity. This includes but is not limited to, any SIM720 team member or administrator, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with another person or entity.
- Manipulate or forge headers or identifiers with the intention of disguising the origin of any content that you provide to the SIM720 web site.
- Register or post in excess of one account with Us. Should it come to our attention that you have registered more than one account, we may remove your posting rights, therefore prohibiting your participation on SIM720.
4. Forum Use
This section governs use of the discussion and support forum, and applies to all users either directly or indirectly, registered or otherwise.
You agree that you will not:
- Provoke others or cause trouble. If you wish to argue with people then go to instant messenger or email.
- Make personal attacks on anyone during your use of the forum. Do not abuse someone for example, because of their race, colour, sex, or religious beliefs.
- Post, upload, email, Private message or otherwise make available any content that is illegal, abusive, harassing, defamatory, confidential, harmful, threatening, vulgar, libellous, sexual, political, invasive of another’s privacy, or ethnically, racially or otherwise objectionable.
- Post, transmit, upload, email, Private message or otherwise to advertise or solicit products, services, funds or donations. Explicit advertising and solicitations in signatures is also prohibited.
- Discussion of illegal activities such as tips for software piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
- Reignite inflammatory threads by creating new threads after existing threads on the same topic have been closed.
- Use bad language.
- Attempt to take threads off-topic or make off-topic posts within threads. Off topic posts may be removed at our discretion.
- Argue with a moderators decision publicly. Any and all complaints directed at a moderating decision should be addressed to the Admin(SIM720), who will make or change any and/or all final decisions on a democratic basis.
- Reproduce messages sent using the forum Private Messaging function on the forum or anywhere else without permission from the sender, unless requested to by an administrator for site administration purposes.
- Provide links to third party web sites or content unless given express permission to do so by a moderator or administrator. The exception to this condition is links which are shown to be relevant to any discussion taking place will be permitted within the context of that discussion. We may remove third party links at any time with or without explanation.
- You must not post or provide any links anywhere on SIM720, that contain affiliate Id’s which enables anyone, directly or indirectly to profit.
- Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping Support posts. Due to different time zones this should be 24 hours.
- Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
- Please do not post a thread using CAPS for the subject to attract attention, it is considered to be shouting and rude. SIM720 staff may use CAPS for important announcements, such as product releases or community announcements
- All text typed into forum posts automatically becomes the property of SIM720 Limited and can and may be used for product marketing, testimonials and/or evidence of forum misconduct. If you do not wish your text to become SIM720 property, then do not post on these forums.
- All screenshots displayed in forum posts can and may be used for SIM720 marketing, promotional material or form part of product design or brochures or used on web sites, regardless if those images are hosted on a SIM720 owned site or not. If you do NOT wish for SIM720 to use your screenshots or images, then do not post them on these forums. Do NOT post images for which you do not have the right to display on these forums without the original author's permission.
- Any image displayed as your avatar can and may be used for SIM720 marketing, promotional material or form part of product design or brochures or used on web sites, regardless if those images are hosted on a SIM720 owned site or not. If you do NOT wish for SIM720 to use your avatar image, then do not post them on these forums. Do NOT post images for which you do not have the right to display on these forums without the original author's permission.
- We reserve the right to limit anyone's forum access who wilfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. We deem these "Limited Users". A Limited User is still entitled to support from the support system (unless in the case of piracy - see below).
- Do NOT post release announcements for *any* other company or developer's flight simulation addon products for FSX or Prepar3D. There are many other places where those developers can release their news and make those announcements, but these forums are not the appropriate place for them.
- Limited Users can still receive legitimate support by accessing a special support forum only visible to Limited Users (unless in the case of piracy - see below)
You agree that:
- We may, for content management purposes, move a forum thread to a more appropriate forum area if We feel that it is situated in the incorrect forum area.
- We may, for content management purposes, close a thread. This would usually be because the discussion in the thread is not moving along, users are not covering new points, or that the discussion is going around in circles. We would also consider whether the discussion is interesting or motivates participation in the context of the forum subject matter.
- We may use an infraction system to warn of inappropriate conduct. Infractions attach points to user’s accounts and expire after a set time period. The points used, and time limits vary with the offense severity. Accounts will be suspended if the total current points reaches or exceeds 3, and are only restored after expiry of sufficient points to drop the total below this limit.
- When an infraction is issued, or an account is suspended you may PM the Admin to clarify the matter if you so wish. If appropriate, your comments will be reviewed by the Admin team independent of the original infraction. Removal or alteration of the infraction will only be considered if, in the opinion of the reviewer, a clear mistake occurred. Infractions over 28 days old will not be removed or altered for any reason. Abusive PMs to the team may attract a longer suspension or even a permanent ban. We reserve the right to permanently ban spammers and persistent troublemakers.
- SIM720 is a UK based, English speaking forum, unless you receive prior permission, all posts, articles, signatures or other submissions should be made in English. This is so that we may verify their meaning.
5. Signature Limitations
- Image size limit of 500px wide by 120px high.
- Only one image allowed in your signature.
- If your signature is larger than the allotted size given, you will be requested by a staff member to re-size your image. Failing to append your signature when requested to by a member of staff will result in the removal of your signature.
- Signatures may not contain adverts of any sort; this includes links to any sites.
- No links in signatures.
- Please also keep text signatures to 4 lines max.
6. Piracy and SIM720 Customer Support Policy
- SIM720 has a strict anti-piracy zero tolerance policy. Please do not steal our software. We have the ability to detect if forum members are actively downloading torrents of our products and these users will incur an instant full ban without explanation or any grace at all.
- We strongly object to any argument that torrents can be used to 'try before you buy'. Theft is theft, and we have no tolerance for it. We have screenshots, videos, press and customer reviews and forum community feedback and screenshots to provide you with more than enough information about any product you may consider for purchase.
- Customer Support - Any forum member who is caught downloading torrents of SIM720 products will also forfeit all their rights to product support for any and all SIM720 products they have purchased in the past. This is not negotiable.
7. Screenshots and Videos
- Please refrain from posting links to, or screenshots or videos which highlight or promote other vendors' scenery products. SIM720 is a scenery vendor and this is a privately owned forum, it is inappropriate to show screenshots or videos from competing vendors' products
- Exceptions to the above are: other vendors' aircraft, environment addons, or any addon which is not scenery related.
8. Third Party Web sites
- You accept that we cannot be held responsible for any third party Web sites that you may access through SIM720, and further agree that any third party content is not our responsibility.
- We do not endorse any third party Web sites or content unless clearly stated, and therefore cannot be held liable or responsible for any promotion, content, service or product that is located on a third party web site. We further cannot be held liable or responsible for any loss or damage, offence that may be caused, or that you allege has been caused by third party content or Web sites
- All and any contact that you have with third party traders or Web sites that you may come into contact with during your use of SIM720, including but not limited to payments for products or services, any conditions made, warranties offered, or contracts entered into, are your responsibility and not the responsibility of SIM720.
9. Our Rights
- You will acknowledge and accept that the SIM720 site contains a large and varied amount of content. We do not check content posted by you prior to it being placed on the website/forum. We therefore reserve the right to remove or delete in part or in its entirety any content that you submit should We feel that it violates these terms and conditions, or any guidelines or announcements that may be available to view elsewhere on the SIM720 site.
- You will acknowledge and accept that we are neither liable nor responsible for the content that you submit. We will monitor such content as appropriate and act accordingly should we be informed of any objectionable material.
- If you request your account to be deleted you acknowledge and accept that we are under no obligation to edit or delete all your posts submitted on the site.
- You will acknowledge and accept that we have the right to temporarily or permanently remove your ability to post content, and that we further have the right to ban you from the SIM720 site should you break any of these Terms and Conditions.
- We reserve the right to terminate any user’s membership for any reason at any time.
- You acknowledge and accept that in certain circumstances we have the right to provide information to your ISP at our discretion following but not limited to severe disruption by you, the provision of illegal or abusive content, any attempts made by you to re-register after being banned, or for any other reason that involves you breaking these Terms and Conditions.
- You will acknowledge that reproduction of material from this web site without prior written permission is strictly prohibited. All contributions to this site are also copyright of the SIM720 website.
- You acknowledge and accept that if you are banned from use of the SIM720 web site, you will not in any way attempt to re-register using any other name or identity not known to us, or any other email address not known to us.
- We reserve the right to modify these terms in any way at any time, without notification to any Users or unregistered users.
- You have the absolute right to free speech. If you find it impossible to abide by this document, then please feel free to contact one of the many good web hosting companies out there and set up an account, create your own discussion board and exercise that right to your heart’s content.
10. Email Newsletter
- All information disseminated through our newsletter service will be related to SIM720 Products.
- We will not sell your email and/or any personal details to any third party service.
- You are free to unsubscribe anytime from our newsletter service by choosing “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of all our email newsletters.
- SIM720 can temporarily discontinue or permanently cancel its newsletter service anytime without assigning sufficient cause or reason for it.
- SIM720 reserves the right to suspend, cancel or deny your subscription to the newsletter service anytime without assigning any cause or reason for it.
- SIM720 take all reasonable steps to ensure that this Website(s) is available 24 hours every day, 365 days per year. However, websites do sometimes encounter downtime due to server and, other technical issues. Therefore we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
- This Website may be temporarily unavailable due to issues such as system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control. Where possible we will try to give our visitors advance warning of maintenance issues but shall not be obliged to do so.
- SIM720 makes no guarantee of availability of service and reserves the right to change, withdraw, suspend, or discontinue any functionality or feature of the SIM720 services. IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SERVICES OR ANY CONTENT THEREON FOR ANY REASON INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REMOVAL OR DELETION OF ANY MATERIALS OR RECORDS SUBMITTED OR POSTED ON SITE FOR ANY REASON. THIS DISCLAIMER APPLIES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, CAUSED; ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE; ERROR; OMISSION; INTERRUPTION; DELETION; DEFECT; DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION; COMPUTER VIRUS; FILE CORRUPTION; COMMUNICATION-LINE FAILURE; NETWORK OR SYSTEM OUTAGE; OR THEFT, DESTRUCTION, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF ANY RECORD.
12. GOVERNING JURISDICTION
- This Legal Notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute(s) arising in connection with this Legal Notice are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of England and Wales.