• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 darrows1@live.co.uk

darrows1@live.co.uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:36 pm

I am looking for a budget-priced joystick to use with the Ikarus C42 sim running on Windows7.Any suggestions? Thanks.

#2 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:50 am

Hi,

I use Speedlink Black Widow flightstick but it really is down to personal choice of what buttons etc you want and of course budget.
You may get better suggestions of joysticks for fsx/p3d from somewhere like http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/ or https://www.avsim.com/forums/

Paul

#3 darrows1@live.co.uk

darrows1@live.co.uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:50 pm

Hi Paul

Thanks I will take a look. Perhaps I should have asked how can I make the C42 sim as accurate as possible to flying the real thing (I am a trainee pilot frustrated by the weather). I run this on a laptop with a 15in. Screen and I am struggling to fit in the flap control, rudder, throttle and control stick on one screen with enough space to look out of the window! If this is never going to happen on a laptop screen, could i have rudder and throttle controls on the joystick? Thanks. David

#4 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:21 pm

Hi

Yes most flightsticks have rudder and throttle controls on them (the 1 i use does).

yes you will probably struggle to get it all on 1 screen with a 15in display, depends on your balance between budget and accuracy but you can get seperate controls for everything, some people go as far as building there own cockpits with full working dials and controls. I tend to just use the joystick and/or keyboard but then im not training to fly the aircraft properly.

Paul

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Answered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users