• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Joshsum

Joshsum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:41 pm

Hi I just recently bought your KSBA and have a issue. I run ORBX Southern California. The issue I have is whenever I fly out of the area in any direction the sim will crash about 20 miles out. If I disable KSBA and the libraries then the sim doesn't crash. I can fly into there but cant get out without the crash. Any clues?   Josh

#2 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:00 am

Hi Josh,

To be honest i havent really got a clue on this, the airport itself only covers the airport so in theory it shouldnt affect anything 20 miles away.

Any error messages with the crash? OOM etc?

What sim are you using FSX/P3D?

What aircraft?

Does it still crash if you only disable the airport and not the libraries and the other way round?

Paul

#3 Joshsum

Joshsum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:02 pm

Ill try that and see if I can isolate it. As the title said this is P3D 4.1.    A2A Cherokee  No error message just crashes to desktop.    Josh

#4 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:09 pm

Thanks, you can have a look in the event viewer (event viewer normally found in Control panel > administrative tools) and see if it lists the p3d crash as often it has more info there on what caused it.

Paul

#5 Joshsum

Joshsum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:17 pm

HI it doesn't leave a error just crash to desktop. I flew different planes with the same outcome but if I disable the libraries all is okay and no crash. So there is something in your libraries that causes the issue. The airport is plain without your goodies. For now i will just turn it off till we find a solution. I want to buy some more of your airports so hopefully we can find what is in the libraries that is causing this. Josh

#6 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:27 pm

Thanks for narrowing it down, Yes the airports look very plain without the library objects. Im unable to reproduce it here but I can advise how to narrow it down even further.

The librarie files are stored here "{FSX/P3D}\SIM720\Airports\1_SIM720_LIB\Scenery" there are 29 files in here.

I would start by taking them all out and put in a folder on your desktop temporarily and then start by adding them back in small groups and testing until you find what file or group of files crashes (yes i know its a tedious process). Once you know what file(s) it is i can try and look deeper into why but it hard when i cant reproduce it and no error log to help either.

Paul

#7 Joshsum

Joshsum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:51 pm

Sounds like a plan. Will get back to you when I have something.   Josh

#8 Joshsum

Joshsum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:57 pm

So I tried disabling each file in the scenery folder and the sim still crashes. The only files left are the Texture files. So I give up and have un installed your airport as spending a half day troubleshooting it just aint worth it. The Orbx rendition is good enough. If you do figure it out Ill ck back or email me. Thanks Josh

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Noted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users