• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jellef

jellef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 10:01 pm

Just bought the East Frisian Islands, Inverness and Stornoway airports. I run P3D v4.2 and ORBX (Scotland and Germany North). On a sunny day shadows of my plane are cast on several textures (several ramps and gates, some taxiways, none of the runways). Standing on the edge of a runway, I see the shadow on the grass, but not on the concrete of the runway. On Stornoway there is a shadow on the taxiway lining, but not on the concrete. Very strange.

I tried different settings in the SOM720 control panel, but see no changes. Please help.

#2 jellef

jellef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:32 pm

Unfortunately, no reaction so far. It looks a bit like this issue: https://forum.sim720...e-at-inverness/ but the suggested solution doesn't work here. My configuration is with ORBX Global, Vectors, FTX EU Scotland (and others). I tried with all ORBX addons disabled, but this doesn't help either.

Whatever setting on the SIM720 I use, nothing helps. Here are the pictures. First one with the SIM720 EGPE (Inverness):

The shadows on the grass are ok, on the runway there are no shadows!

EGPE-SIM720.jpg

Now with the default EGPE airport:

EGPE-default.jpg

All shadows are what they should be.

Can it be something with the texture properties? Some taxiways are ok, otheres not. On the ramps it usually looks ok. I have no clue (neither the expertise).

#3 SIM720

SIM720

Admin

• Administrators
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:37 am

Hi jellef

Unfortunately this is a known technical issue with the ground polys for our airports in P3D. We are aware of the issue and will continue to review it.

Thanks for your feedback

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Answered, shadows textures runway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users