• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pidea

Pidea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:46 pm

I've just tried to install the Ikarus into my vanilla FSX SE and the only option that I have is to install it onto the C:\ drive into:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

I've got an SSD (drive E:\) on which my FSX SE lives (although Steam itself lives on C:\ drive).  This SSD contains the following path:

E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX

Is there any way to get it to install onto my E: drive so that I can benefit from the increased speed of the SSD ?

Thanks in advance

Phil

#2 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:07 pm

Hi Phil,

The installer will only install to where the registry says FSX is installed, you could change the location in the registry (do this at your OWN risk and there is more than 1 spot to edit) or you could try this post on moving the folder location https://forum.sim720...older-location/

Paul

#3 Pidea

Pidea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:58 pm

Thanks Paul, unfortunately that didn't work.  I'm going to replace my main HDD with an SSD so I'll install Steam etc on that.

I also use Prepar3D.  I see that the Ikarus will work on version 3 but not version 4.  Are there any plans to update it to run on verson 4 ?

#4 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 08:39 am

Thanks Paul, unfortunately that didn't work.  I'm going to replace my main HDD with an SSD so I'll install Steam etc on that.

I also use Prepar3D.  I see that the Ikarus will work on version 3 but not version 4.  Are there any plans to update it to run on verson 4 ?

Hi Phil,

I would love to update it to P3Dv4 but its not up to me, The Ikarus was a joint venture between ourselves (SIM720) and AIRsim with license agreement from Comco but that agreement only covers up to P3Dv3 and we haven’t been given permission to update it. If we do get permission then we will update it and post about it on our forum.

Paul

#5 Pidea

Pidea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 06:32 pm

That's a pity.  From what I understand Prepar3d version 4 is significantly better than version3 so it would be a shame not to offer it.

Phil

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Answered, Ikarus, FSX SE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users