• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:28 am

Kevin, we really are open to suggestions, we want to be delivering what the community wants. Otherwise there's no point. Hopefully we will keep hearing opinions and requests :)

#22 Greg Jones

Greg Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:51 am

Hey guys, with all the coffee invites I take that as a hint to buy a kettle. Well one that woks anyway.

Woohoo!!! 

#23 Rotten Ralph

Rotten Ralph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:35 pm

Ok, suggestions. I have already put Farnborough down in an earlier post, but Lasham & Blackbushe would be nice. Can we ask for military or is that a big no no?

#24 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:21 pm

Re military airports. Not sure. We can always look into it.

#25 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:25 pm

Hey guys, with all the coffee invites I take that as a hint to buy a kettle. Well one that woks anyway.

A kettle that woks? :) True dedication to product compatibility that is :P
  • Barry Hudson likes this

#26 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:46 pm

Here are some requests from me then :)

I'd rather not see airfields attempted that are intended to be covered by another developer in the short term. medium and long term are fair game, because as with anything I want it now, and if someone else can't provide it, the field should be open to everyone else...

My choices would be: Blackpool, Barton, Halfpenny Green, Gloucester mainly because I've flown there rl, Netherthorpe, because it's got one of the shortest grass strips in the country (a challenge!) and I grew up around there plane spotting as a kid :P. It would probably be a good business strategy to do a range of small and medium sized fields from your perspective though I guess? but make anywhere in great detail, with acceptable performance, with compatibility out of the box and I'll not be unhappy.

Personally, I'm not massively enamoured with butterfly-flow or seasonal cow pat textures or minor jazz like that, but I do like for example great airfield detail, more realistic vegetation in strategic places, bigger autogen annotated areas slightly wider in scope and larger animations in the wider airfield vicinity that add to the immersion, like the trains in Southampton. OK, I confess! I want the world done in 1mm seasonal photoreal with custom autogen throughout....but I think I'll be long in the grave before that sees the light of day... ;)

Perhaps you could have a poll and get a feel for some of our suggestions? Places like Mutleys and CIX VFR club (dedicated to smaller field VFR ops) are great places to feel the pulse, and with compatibility on the table I think you would get a very warm welcome in both forums :)

Perhaps you would consider a small discount for members of certain clubs? Other uk developers already do this in places and it would be a friendly way of introducing your projects into someone else's forum backyard so to speak? Just a thought....

Cheers k

#27 mutley

mutley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:11 pm

I am very fortunate to already have my 4 favourite airfields recently released by the big O, including Goodwood and Shoreham which was a work of art guys! :)  

Lower Upham airfield would be a breeze but probably only of interest to me and Britfrog. :D 

What about some GA airfields in Northern France, Brittany and Normandy like Deauville a popular destination for horse racing, the only drawback would be making it compatible with France VFR. On the positive side you could introduce FrogFlow, men in berets riding bikes selling onions!

Ok, back in my cage.

#28 Kilby

Kilby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:44 pm

Hi i hope you are all well, any chance of Norwich or a airport Nearby!

#29 Sam Hudson

Sam Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:49 pm

Loving all these suggestions guys and its awesome to finally see this forum starting to come alive!

#30 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:30 pm

What about some GA airfields in Northern France, Brittany and Normandy like Deauville a popular destination for horse racing, the only drawback would be making it compatible with France VFR.

Interesting idea :) if they were compatible with Earth Simulations sceneries in the Channel Islands, we could have continental flights across the channel...I'd be up for that, but I think on balance my preference would be more UK airfields first please :)

#31 Rotten Ralph

Rotten Ralph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:16 pm

There is me thinking of airfields I would like, how about the sim720 staff, have you guys got any airfield in mind apart from the 3-4 shown that are in the future pipeline? 

#32 James Crowther

James Crowther

Staff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:28 pm

I'm not in charge of which airports we make but I'd like to do Halfpenny Green, this was my local GA airport and I've flown out of their a few times. I'd also like to see Biggin Hill and Castlegar (CYCG), the latter has an amazing approach through a valley and a sharp left turn at the very last minute.

#33 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:33 pm

I am very pleased indeed to see that you will be making your new UK airfields photoscenery compatible. I don't think it's a secret that many of us think that a certain other company has missed a trick when it comes to compatibility with UK photoscenery. There are a LOT of us out there, and we want the opportunity to use highly detailed UK airfields as much as the landclass lads ;) Well done for taking the initiative B)

As for suggestions......I would like to see a decent Northampton Sywell. Now that it has the new concrete runway, I could fly my Citation Mustang in and out of there.

Edited by Christopher Low, 05 October 2013 - 07:34 pm.

#34 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:39 pm

Great to see suggestions coming through, and Christopher thanks for the comment. We are endeavouring to ensure our products meet all scenery adds. We cannot guarantee we will always get this right, but it's our intention.

#35 fltsimguy

fltsimguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:43 pm

Hello to all the gang there at Sim720.  I hope your efforts pay off for you!  I certainly have enjoyed your work done for Orbx.

Most know me from the long established sim community sites.  I have done my share of freeware contributions over time....and I live not far from Holger Sandmann on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada eh!.

I have no suggestions for you folks yet.

cheers, Bryan (aka fltsimguy)

#36 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:22 am

Hi Brian its great to see you on here and I am pleased that you have joined, it will also mean a lot to our guys. Holger Sandmann now there's a very switched on guy, please send our regards if you meet.
  • fltsimguy likes this

#37 signmanbob

signmanbob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:49 am

Hello everyone, my name is Bob and I'm glad to see another developer with such great quality airports.

I would like to see some larger airports that the PMDG 737 can land on, or maybe even the T7, but try to co-ordinate your large airports with UK2000 to some degree, so we don't get duplicates.

I'll be trying to keep updated with what you are working on.

Also, just curious, how did you come up with the name Sim720?

Edited by signmanbob, 06 October 2013 - 01:52 am.

#38 Airline2Sim

Airline2Sim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:22 am

Hi guys, Ben here from Airline2Sim. We're doing a set of video tutorials taught by a real Q400 pilot for the Majestic Dash 8 and we've been waiting for some more Scottish airfields to come along so I'm delighted to see Stornaway and Inverness in the pipeline. Apparently at Inverness the radar controller goes home for his tea so the late arriving Q400 has to perform the VOR DME arc direct arrival which we were hoping to showcase in our training and hopefully soon we can with some fantastic scenery from you guys! 

Oban looks fantastic and will be hurting my credit card before the day is out - best of luck with your future plans! 

#39 GordonH

GordonH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:39 am

Yaaay!!

More Scottish airfields :D

Will be picking up Oban later this week for my upcoming long weekend off, and very much looking forward to Inverness and Stornoway. Should make for some great flights in Northern Scotland with Orbxs' Aberdeen and Sumburgh also in the pipeline; add some harsh Scottish winter weather should make for some interesting flights...cant wait!

Will defintely purchase all your UK airfields if the quality of Oban is anything to go by

Best of luck Sim720..hope all goes prosperously for you

Edited by GordonH, 06 October 2013 - 11:45 am.

9700K@5.0 | MSI Z390 Pro Carbon | 32Gb 3200Mhz DDR4 | RTX2080 | 65" Sony 4K | Iris Dynamics Yoke | CPFlight & Goflight

Oban

Stornoway

Inverness

Caernarfon

#40 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:47 am

Gordon, welcome. With weather turned on totally agree, should be some demanding flights and great scenery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users