58 replies to this topic

#41 EarthSimulations

EarthSimulations

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:29 pm

Hi All

You're a fantastic team of people and you'll make some of the best, most awesome stuff flightsim has ever seen. Of that I've no doubt! Just want you to know that we're keen to give you all the support, encouragement and cooperation we can. So don't hesitate to ask if there's anything at all we can help with.  :)

• Keith Lewis, Barry Hudson, Stephen Booth and 1 other like this

#42 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:38 pm

Guys we have great respect for you and your products. having you with us in co-operation is greatly appreciated.

#43 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:54 pm

Awesome, gentlemanly relations between devs makes a refreshing change :) earth simulations and Sim720 joint/co-operative products in the future perhaps? :P
  • Stephen Booth and Nick Svejdal like this

#44 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:54 pm

Hey, Darren. Nice to see you here!

#45 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:01 pm

Christopher, I agree it's so good to have Darren and Vikki around.. Really good folks.

#46 PCAviator

PCAviator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:52 pm

Hi everyone, 

I'm Keith aka Reefy. I've been part of sim720 from day one and am very excitedbiggrin.png  about what the future holds. I'm 39 years old with 5 children and 3 grandchildrenohmy.png . Sim flying and gaming is one of many passions i have, as well sport and all things techy.

I look forward to chatting and being part of what we hope to  be a big part of the love that is FSX.

biggrin.png

Kind regards

ph34r.png Reefyph34r.png

Wow, someone else of my "vintage" also with 5 children! I don't have any grandchildren yet though, but you have about 4 years on me... so in 4 years I could have some of my own (grandchildren) but I sort of hope not :P - Not for 10 years at least.  

Anyway, I'm Dean, the manager of PC Aviator Australia office, and long-term flight simmer and jack of all trades/master of some :P

#47 PCAviator

PCAviator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:55 pm

+1 vote for more Australian airfields... Well, everyone wants to see their own "local" airports upgraded right?

#48 EarthSimulations

EarthSimulations

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:07 pm

We've got 5 kids and 3 Grandchildren too...but to have achieved that at aged 39 Reefy  :o is just astounding. And we'd thought we were early starters!  You'll have to get a hellava shift on Dean if you're going to win this one.  :blink:

#49 EarthSimulations

EarthSimulations

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:10 pm

ooops .  Just remembered we actually have 4 Grandkids now  :D ....see... that's what it does to you! 

• Barry Hudson likes this

#50 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:36 pm

Darren oh dear..............................lol

#51 Keith Lewis

Keith Lewis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:44 pm

Haha, dont worry its when your asked to name all thier birthdays off the top of your head thats when it gets me all kerfuffeld.

Grandparent power Yeeehaaa :)

#52 britfrog

britfrog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:50 am

As I live near Perpignan I would like to see my local airport created , I have been badgering france vfr for years but he has already a lot on his plate, but i know Laurent has been in touch with JV to ensure that his prods were comatible with the global stuff so there should not be too much of a problem for you. He is always on the lookout for new partnerships and I think his way of doing the new regional vfr series is the way forward for the next few years as he combines photoscenery with a huge quantity of autogen houses forests etc which give photoscenery the 3d depth that the normal photoscenery doesnt have.

Getting back to the O prods whilst they are beautifully made , I think they suffered for 2 reasons , 1) they were only useable in ftx, which severly limited the interest, and 2) they only appealed to the vfr small a/c community. the beauty of there aussie stuff was that in most cases the airfields were a combination of small airport that took airliners but also had a great small a/c side. And this is a delecate balance to find. Bournemouth would be a good candidate for sure  as would Exeter and Teeside, if you have the tools at your disposal to do them credit.

There are an enormous amount of great small airfields throughout the UK like Oban but whether these would provide sufficient cash flow to make it worth your while is open to discussion, as I dare say it takes quite a few weeks work for your whole team to produce something from the onsite photos and these are all mouths to feed in the meantime, so decent sales are a must, perhaps alternating a medium sized airport with a small airfield will help you judge better which way to go is the answer?

Whatever, I will buy anything  you make south of the scottish border down to north Africa that can take an airbus or NGX as well as small stuff

• Keith Lewis likes this

#53 SimmoW

SimmoW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:45 am

Hi everyone, I'm Simon from Melbourne, Oz, love your work and will keep following you with interest. I'm also a frequent visitor to the Orbx forums and OZx (as I'm a beginning part time fsx scenery developer)

So best of luck for the future!

#54 Keith Lewis

Keith Lewis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:09 am

Hey Simon, welcome to our humble abode. 

#55 SimmoW

SimmoW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:44 am

Thanks Keith, nice looking place you have :-)

#56 pgreenwo

pgreenwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:48 pm

So this is where your all hiding. 

Looking forward to seeing what you guys continue to do so well. Can't wait for Caernarfon & hopefully Barton (EGCB)

Best of luck with your exciting new venture

P

• Barry Hudson likes this

#57 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:18 am

Welcome Pgreenwo, and thanks for comments.

#58 dogtrack

dogtrack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:57 am

A few familiar names/faces, not surprisingly. Hello each.

Looking forward to forthcoming output, which I am sure will be worthy of your time. Always nice to get home grown produce.

Arnie.

...if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

#59 davenicoll

davenicoll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:14 pm

Your first two UK airports have been fantastic...

Please keep up the good work....

I read somewhere that there are somewhere in the region of 45,000 Horizon UK photo scenery users....Now that is some market to tap into guys...

Good luck...

Dave

• kevin firth likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users