• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 X24

X24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 04:14 pm

I used to have a Sim720 product and library in an old FSX installation which I am trying to remove to make space on my SSD. After uninstalling everything I am left with a SIM720 folder containing two other folders: SIM720 LIBRARIES and SIM720 EGPO Stornoway Airport. Each of these has a uninstall.exe file which I am unable to run, delete, change, or do anything with. Any attempt to do anything with these files tells me I need permission from the administrator. I AM the administrator.

Can someone please explain to me how I can get rid of these pesky files. I have downloaded the latest libraries, installed and then uninstalled them, but I still cannot do anything with these 2 files, and cannot therefore clean up the old FSX folder.

Cheers

Chris

#2 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 04:31 pm

you normally run the uninstaller from the control panel > programs and features but worst case you should just be able to delete the files/folders manually.

If you cant do that then you have a problem with your drive, possible a corrupted file so try booting in to safe mode and then deleting them otherwise its a case of googling unable to delete files and trying a few suggestions, this post would be a start https://www.techadvi...delete-3678412/

Paul

#3 X24

X24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 04:53 pm

Okay, so after typing up the previous post, I had another hunt around to see if there was a cure for the permissions issue, and one suggestion was to start up in Safe Mode and try and edit the permissions that way. I did that, only to find that the files weren't there anymore, so I was simply able to delete the folder.

I figured it was worth leaving this post here in case anyone else has this issue down the track.

PS - Paul, I just saw your response - thanks for that, that's exactly what worked. Cheers

Edited by X24, 16 April 2020 - 04:55 pm.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, Library, delete, uninstall, folder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users