• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 charliebravo

charliebravo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 11:30 pm

Can I ask, can the the Caernarfon scenery (FSX) be installed to a non default hard drive on my computer?

It seems that if the scenery is installed as per the installation process, then after I move it to a separate hard drive (due to a shortage of space on the drive that FSX is installed on) I loose the use of the scenery options tool that you provide.

I also notice that as the scenery is displayed with FSX Accelerator as expected the only runway that is visible in map view is 02/20 and this is the only runway recognised as available for take off and landing when using the atc window.

Can I ask if this a known problem, or may it mean that I have a rouge file on my system somewhere causing this to happen?

Thank you for your help with my questions.

Regards

#2 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 04:21 pm

Hi, moved to the support forums.

the only option for moving the scenery is via https://forum.sim720...older-location/ any other method breaks the control panel tool.

As for the runway it not a known issue that i know of, if i remember correctly only 1 of there runways is licensed (cant remember which it is) so maybe that affects it or more likely its something else affecting it, try making sure the airport and simlibs are at the top of the scenery list which should force our version to have priority, if not what other addons are you using?

#3 charliebravo

charliebravo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 11:10 pm

Thanks for the advice on moving the scenery to a different location and having it identified and accessible via the scenery tool that you provide for this airport.

On my other point, it is runway 02/20 which show as selectable for take off and landing within the atc window and in map view, however if I request a runway for takeoff, after making a selection from the runways showing as available (02/20), the atc within FSX refers me to taxi to runway 26 (The runways that is not showing as available in map view or one of the runways available within the arc window). A bit odd, to say the least, never the less, I am still enjoying this excellent scenery.

Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users