4 replies to this topic

#1 terryc

terryc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 11:44 am

Hi All

Just downloaded C42a to FSX. Everything went ok until I picked the C42 to fly and all I got was the inside! prop and shadow of the plane. No body??? Wonder if any of you brainy people would know something that I dont. Appreciate yr help. 

#2 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 11:47 am

you are missing service pack 2 for FSX which is a requirement, its a free download from microsoft https://forum.sim720...x-sp2-required/

#3 terryc

terryc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 12:37 pm

Didnt work!! downloaded service pack 2. turned off machine went back in, and its the same Skeleton inside and no body??. 

#4 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 02:05 pm

sounds like it didnt install Service pack 2 properly, if you launch fsx and then on the top menu select help and then about it should say what version you are using.
it will look something like the below picture, you can ignore the numbers we are just looking for sp2
fsx-sp2.jpg

if it does say sp2 then try re-installing the c42a again

#5 terryc

terryc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 04:36 pm

Hi Staff!!

All done and working greaet!! My son in law, computer programmer was stumped!! Turned out that tho it was showing FSX 'aceleration' (meaning sp1 and 2 were installed).....they wasn't.!! We uninstalled c42, installed fsx service pack 1, reinstalled  C42..........abbra, cadabra!! it all works great........happy!!

thanks for your help Staff, much appreciated!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users