18 replies to this topic

#1 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:11 pm

There's a group called ODG (more info on website: http://www.fsdevelop...read.php?t=2509) and here's link to all the oil infrastructure flight routes: http://www.google.co....53537100,d.d2k

Don't know whether you could partner up for some interesting heli missions?

There's also a chap on FSDeveloper who has done loads of AI ships: http://www.fsdevelop...t=425633&page=5  Perhaps some of his work might be of interest in a Scotland related north sea flight extravaganza?

Just a thought....

k

#2 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:18 pm

That sounds a great idea, what do others think?

#3 Keith Lewis

Keith Lewis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:19 pm

I like the sound of this :)

#4 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:36 pm

Not everyone goes for helis though I suppose, if you run with something like his, maybe an idea to include alternative fixed wing missions as well to cater for everyone?

#5 Russell Linn

Russell Linn

Staff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:42 pm

I'm yet to try a heli. They look incredibly fun though! I'll have to give it a go on Greg's machine at some point; the ground poly he's done for London Heliport looks lovely!

• Barry Hudson likes this

#6 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:02 pm

Kevin, the guys do missions in helicopters because they know I can't fly well in them.
Team support...........

#7 Keith Lewis

Keith Lewis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:08 pm

Not everyone goes for helis though I suppose, if you run with something like his, maybe an idea to include alternative fixed wing missions as well to cater for everyone?

Hi Kevin, Dont worry we aim to do fixed wing missions as well  :D

#8 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:13 pm

Great, I will have a chance now.

#9 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:22 pm

Great, I will have a chance now.

Kevin, the guys do missions in helicopters because they know I can't fly well in them.
Team support...........

They are supporting you, they are giving you chance to practice :P

#10 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:26 pm

Yep, it's how much practise do I need. Many years now still go out of control within 2 mins. They had great fun asking me to try the Oban mission.....

#11 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:51 pm

I think there are a few rigs in Morecambe Bay and the Irish Sea. These would be in a better location for me to see during my flights, because they are relatively close to the mainland, and close to flight routes from Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man. I am talking of my own "low level VFR flight routes" here, not real world ones ;)

Edited by Christopher Low, 06 October 2013 - 06:53 pm.

#12 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:56 pm

That's quite right Chris, lots and lots of opportunities for flights and missions from BLACKPOOL there ;)
And seriously, the rigs are closer to shore so would mean less time flying boringly across open sea and more time actually trying to land somewhere! K

Edited by kevin firth, 06 October 2013 - 06:58 pm.

#13 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:57 pm

Sounds interesting Christopher. What type of aircraft do you like to fly in.

#14 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:17 pm

Well, I have just started a UK tour in the RealAir Turbine Duke. I started at Unst in the Shetland Isles, and I am working my way south! I am currently parked at X6FE Easter Airfield (across the mouth of the Moray Firth from RAF Kinloss, which is my next destination). I chose the Turbine Duke because it can operate in and out of very short runways (and those small airfields in the Orkneys need all of that turbine power for taking off and landing).

I fly several other planes, including the Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Quality Wings Avro RJ and PMDG 737NGX. However, I do not fly them "by the book". I fly them all "low and slow" (yes, even the 737), because I like to enjoy the scenery as I cruise along at little more than landing speed with full flaps extended!

As for Kevin's BIG hint regarding Blackpool, if anyone were to create a highly detailed version of this airport, I think that we would all expect nice renditions of Blackpool Tower and the main piers thrown in for good measure ;)

Edited by Christopher Low, 06 October 2013 - 08:19 pm.

• kevin firth likes this

#15 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:26 pm

Well, I have just started a UK tour in the RealAir Turbine Duke. I started at Unst in the Shetland Isles, and I am working my way south! I am currently parked at X6FE Easter Airfield (across the mouth of the Moray Firth from RAF Kinloss, which is my next destination). I chose the Turbine Duke because it can operate in and out of very short runways (and those small airfields in the Orkneys need all of that turbine power for taking off and landing).

I fly several other planes, including the Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Quality Wings Avro RJ and PMDG 737NGX. However, I do not fly them "by the book". I fly them all "low and slow" (yes, even the 737), because I like to enjoy the scenery as I cruise along at little more than landing speed with full flaps extended!

As for Kevin's BIG hint regarding Blackpool, if anyone were to create a highly detailed version of this airport, I think that we would all expect nice renditions of Blackpool Tower and the main piers thrown in for good measure ;)

Give me some good custom autogen to play with and I might even annotate some photoreal textures :P  Blackpool wouldn't be complete without its inimitable surroundings, including the tower, seafront and pleasure beach :P.  And for the intrepid, there's a nice railway at the end of rw10 that might be attempted with some eye candy rolling stock. Here endeth my half-pennys worth...

#16 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:46 pm

Mind you that was a good half pennies worth, might even take you up on autogen.........

#17 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:07 pm

I'd expect custom Pepsi Max Big One ride animations as well, did I say that before?

#18 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:30 pm

No real hard stuff then........

#19 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:04 pm

Don't get me started... :P  (You could call it vomitflow?) :P

Edited by kevin firth, 06 October 2013 - 10:05 pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users