7 replies to this topic

#1 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:50 am

I'm very much impressed by the info coming out officially and unofficially about P3D v2.

Are you guys part of the beta, either independently or through OrbX, if you're allowed to say of course....?

#2 Sam Hudson

Sam Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:38 am

Im not part of the beta, not sure if anyone else is, but I've been doing a little research myself and its looking pretty good, i'm very exited. 

#3 Sam Hudson

Sam Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:35 pm

Been looking at some of the shots on the website here http://www.prepar3d....s/2013/10/4507/

Really impressed with these:

v2ExampleFog3On.jpg

v2ExampleWater1.jpg

v2ExampleWater4.jpg

#4 Keith Lewis

Keith Lewis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:39 pm

WoW looks amazing cant wait to try it out :o

#5 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:52 pm

P3D is something that I wasn't really all that bothered about before, but the new details regarding version 2.0 (and the fact that mere mortals are now allowed to purchase it if we are using it for simulation purposes) have opened my eyes. I haven't seen any videos of it in action yet, but it is supposed to include animated water. I assume this means something rather better than "two texture sheets sliding across each other" (which is basically the situation in FSX)?

#6 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:12 pm

Yes Chris, in the blog they talk about being able to calculate an elevation and a normal (central axis) so it looks somewhat more advanced. That of course opens up the possibility for different weather dependent water surface motion, hopefully a further point release will include this and improved shoreline waves, but I wouldn't expect it to be fully developed in the 2.0 release.

#7 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:28 pm

I wish they could get the water to move like it does in Outerra. The waves look really good in that.

#8 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:49 pm

Agreed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users