4 replies to this topic

#1 Rob Ainscough

Rob Ainscough

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:11 pm

I'm enjoying Oban, but have a couple of issues in DX10 mode an I know you folks listed "fully DX10 compatible".  I've tested the problem with and without Steve's DX10 Fixer but it's present in both. 

http://robainscough....53ae99ef331.jpg

I'm using Horizon scenery and have configured via Sim720 Control Panel to use Horizon (don't think this is related, just FYI).

Also, I was told that I shouldn't be seeing "default" FSX buildings, yet I am - thoughts?

Thanks, Rob.

Rob.

#2 Greg Jones

Greg Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:46 pm

Hi Rob,

Glad to see you made your way over to our forum!

I'm not sure that what you're seeing is a dx10 issue. I'm running dx10 here at home, and I don't have that problem. I can't help but think that the default buildings showing and the light issue are related somehow.

Can you run a search on you FSX folder for any files with EGEO in the title other than those in the SIM720 subfolder?

Let me know how you get on. In the meantime I'll do some more investigation here.

I'm going to post the link to your original avsim post if that's OK in case anyone else wants to chime in: 

http://forum.avsim.n...an#entry2825106

Greg

#3 Rob Ainscough

Rob Ainscough

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:10 pm

Hi Greg,

I'm not sure what's going on ... if it's ok your side then must be something specific to my setup. 

Searched my FSX folder (and sub dirs) for "EGEO" excluding SIM720, nothing came up.

I'll keep digging my end and see what I can find.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob.

#4 Rob Ainscough

Rob Ainscough

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:30 pm

No luck my end ... stuck. 

I tested on another airport FSDT KSFO and the lights are working well.   

Just curious, on your system do you have Orbx region installed?  I don't have any Orbx products installed, assuming that's not required?

Cheers, Rob.

Rob.

#5 Greg Jones

Greg Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:39 pm

Hi Robin,

Sorry for the delay. After some trial and error I was able to replicate your problem exactly, and it seems that you're missing the texture files for our runway light effects. I've attached a zip with a copy of the 9 effects files plus 2 texture bitmaps required. This should sort you out.

Just copy the contents of the zip into your \FSX folder and overwrite any exisitng files.

Let me know how you get on!

Greg

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Answered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users