12 replies to this topic

#1 Colin M

Colin M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:24 pm

Hi

Bought Oban and Inverness today, Inverness installed fine, but Oban came up with this error that I've copied and pasted from another post here, my paths and product are different of course, but its the same error ...

Attempting to read file:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight SimulatorX\SIM720\scripts\sceneryLibrary\SIM720_SceneryLib_KAVX.cfg

Attempting to read file:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight SimulatorX\SIM720\scripts\SceneryLibrary\SIM720_SceneryLib_LIB.cfg

Attempting to read file:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\Scenery.cfg

Attempting to read file:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\Scerery.cfg

Unfortunately, an error has occured. Please report the following error to support@sim720.co.uk: An item with the same key has already been added.

I have managed to install manually as the other post suggests but wondered if there was an official fix?

The next part is more concerning ...

With Oban installed manually and at top of scenery library with latest Sim720 libs above it ... I get Scotflights OrbX Oban version bleeding through (twin towers and other parts), unchecking the Scotflight entry lets Sim720 Oban display properly, but I did not have to do that for Inverness? Obviously I'd still like to keep the Scotflight entry active so that I could fly seamless flights to their other airports,

Using FSX Acceleration, FS Global Ultimate, FTX Global latest, FTX Scotland patched, Scotflight Orbx and Now Sim720 Oban and Inverness with Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bit.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all.

EDIT: Although I noticed no problems with Inverness, just did a quick Helicopter flight, just noticed this post ...

http://forum.sim720....y-at-inverness/

Dowloaded that file to overwrite my Inverness one, so I guess Oban needs a similar fix?

Edited by Colin M, 26 December 2013 - 07:01 pm.

#2 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:35 pm

Attempting to read file:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight SimulatorX\SIM720\scripts\sceneryLibrary\SIM720_SceneryLib_KAVX.cfg

KAVX is Catalina Airport in California, so I am not sure why you are getting that error message with respect to EGEO Oban....

As for the Scotflight version of the airport, you will need to disable the relevant files. These are the Scotflight files that I have switched off with respect to EGEO Oban.....

Scotflight/Scotflight-FSX-Photo/Scotland_Main/Scenery folder

EGEO_Oban.BGL

EGEO_Oban_CVX.BGL

Oban_NorthConnel_OBX.BGL

ObanAirport_fences.BGL

Scotflight/ScotflightLibraries/Scenery folder

Oban_VehiclesObj.BGL

ObanAirport_Obj.BGL

Just add ".OFF" at the end of each of these filenames. For example "ObanAirport_Obj.BGL.OFF.

Let me know if this works OK. If you still have problems, then I will provide you with further instructions.

Edited by Christopher Low, 26 December 2013 - 07:38 pm.

#3 Colin M

Colin M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:10 pm

KAVX is Catalina Airport in California, so I am not sure why you are getting that error message with respect to EGEO Oban....

As for the Scotflight version of the airport, you will need to disable the relevant files. These are the Scotflight files that I have switched off with respect to EGEO Oban.....

Scotflight/Scotflight-FSX-Photo/Scotland_Main/Scenery folder

EGEO_Oban.BGL

EGEO_Oban_CVX.BGL

Oban_NorthConnel_OBX.BGL

ObanAirport_fences.BGL

Scotflight/ScotflightLibraries/Scenery folder

Oban_VehiclesObj.BGL

ObanAirport_Obj.BGL

Just add ".OFF" at the end of each of these filenames. For example "ObanAirport_Obj.BGL.OFF.

Let me know if this works OK. If you still have problems, then I will provide you with further instructions.

Hi Christopher, Yep the error message was copied and pasted from a similar post here, the error comes up in a dos box and would not let me copy the contents, I did mention that in my post :) Its the same error though, just different product and paths.

Thanks for the suggestion to fix Sim720 Oban with Scotflight ORBX, will try that tonight and report back ... I'm sure it will work though.

I also bought Inverness, do you have the specific file names I should change for that? also being a bit Cheeky, Stornoway too?  If the Oban fix works I'll have the confidence to order Sim720 Stornoway as well :)

Thanks.

#4 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:41 pm

Chris, thanks for taking the time to help most appreciated.
Colin please advise if the issue is not solved. We hope you do get confidence with our scenery. However with so many add ons and different set ups, we will endeavour to keep getting fixes to suit all.
Thanks for your support.

#5 Colin M

Colin M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:15 pm

Hi Christopher, Yep the error message was copied and pasted from a similar post here, the error comes up in a dos box and would not let me copy the contents, I did mention that in my post :) Its the same error though, just different product and paths.

Thanks for the suggestion to fix Sim720 Oban with Scotflight ORBX, will try that tonight and report back ... I'm sure it will work though.

I also bought Inverness, do you have the specific file names I should change for that? also being a bit Cheeky, Stornoway too?  If the Oban fix works I'll have the confidence to order Sim720 Stornoway as well :)

Thanks.

Hi Chris, I've looked at my files and it is now apparent you are using Scotflight Photo, I used to have that but have elected to use just FTX from now on and no VFR photo scenery, so I wont be using Scotflight photo anymore ... the version of Scotflight I'm using is Scotflight for Orbx EU Scotland  V1.0

http://www.scotfligh...php?topic=315.0

This is available as a free download for customers of Scotflight Photo that I was, the file structure looks a bit different here, there are two similar named Oban files but I want to be sure before changing anything.

So my issue is not solved yet.

Cheers.

#6 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:32 pm

Colin we will get back to you ASAP

#7 Colin M

Colin M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:45 pm

Colin we will get back to you ASAP

Thanks Barry, no real hurry I know its your Christmas break, enjoy.

• Barry Hudson likes this

#8 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:46 pm

Thanks for understanding Colin

#9 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:13 am

Hi,

re your first error (dos box), we updated the way we added to the scenery library but haven't updated the Oban installer yet, that error means either you have a duplicate entry or you use groups in your scenery.cfg file but as you have manually added it to the scenery library no need to worry.

re flickering runway, its only Inverness that has that problem and only some people.

re: scotflight, i would do a search in your scotflight folders for anything to do with "oban" or "EGEO" and disable it (rename with .OFF at the end), then do the same for "EGPO" and "stornoway" and lastly "EGPE" and "inverness"

Paul

• Colin M likes this

#10 Colin M

Colin M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:06 pm

Hi,

re your first error (dos box), we updated the way we added to the scenery library but haven't updated the Oban installer yet, that error means either you have a duplicate entry or you use groups in your scenery.cfg file but as you have manually added it to the scenery library no need to worry.

re flickering runway, its only Inverness that has that problem and only some people.

re: scotflight, i would do a search in your scotflight folders for anything to do with "oban" or "EGEO" and disable it (rename with .OFF at the end), then do the same for "EGPO" and "stornoway" and lastly "EGPE" and "inverness"

Paul

Hi Paul, took the plunge and added .OFF to everything EGEO, Oban and North Connel in my Scotflight FTX folders and all is good now, an easy fix you cant go wrong with for others contemplating this, if you do mess up just go back and remove the .OFF extension. I had to change six file names in two folders I think it was.

Very impressed with the support here, will go buy Stornoway now.

Cheers.

Colin

BTW: I've been to Oban, Stornoway and Inverness airports in real life, worked at Inverness Airport in summer of 1988 on some steel construction for a new building, very faithful replications guys, well done.

Edited by Colin M, 27 December 2013 - 02:11 pm.

#11 Keith Lewis

Keith Lewis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:09 pm

Thanks for your kind words Colin. Glad you are enjoying our work. Have a great new year with a bevvy or 6 :)

Reefy

#12 David Bonney

David Bonney

Staff

• Staff
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:04 pm

Glad its sorted now Colin and its nice to hear from someone who knows the airports that they're faithful recreations. Thanks!

Dave

#13 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:12 am

Colin, nice to see you sorted. Also great to hear that you worked at Inverness and your comments on our scenery. Hope you enjoy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Answered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users