4 replies to this topic

#1 Jacklimb99

Jacklimb99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:08 am

Hello,

I have the read a forum below with the same title. The installer wants to install Inverness into Program Files (86)/Lockheed Martin but my P3D V4.5 files are in Program Files/Lockheed Martin. I followed the steps to fix the registry which I have done and the installer still directs it to Program Files (x86) and there's nothing in there for Lockheed Martin obviously. Is there anything I can do now?

Because I cant get the installer to direct the installation into where my P3D V4 files are, I can't use the product (just to repeat, I have tried the registry fix)

Thanks guys, look forward to hearing from you.

Jack

#2 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 01:39 pm

Hi Jack,

Somewhere in the registry its still refrencing the wrong location, our installer checks multiple places for the file path but the 2 main places for p3d are "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v4\\SetupPath" or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\SOFTWARE\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v4\\AppPath" if you have one or both of these make sure they list the correct folder location.

Failing that do a search on the registry for the wrong folder location (Program Files (86)/Lockheed Martin) and see what entries come back and fix the file path there. normally the registry fixer you said you already tried fixes it thou.

Paul

#3 Jacklimb99

Jacklimb99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:40 pm

Hi Jack,

Somewhere in the registry its still refrencing the wrong location, our installer checks multiple places for the file path but the 2 main places for p3d are "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v4\\SetupPath" or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\SOFTWARE\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v4\\AppPath" if you have one or both of these make sure they list the correct folder location.

Failing that do a search on the registry for the wrong folder location (Program Files (86)/Lockheed Martin) and see what entries come back and fix the file path there. normally the registry fixer you said you already tried fixes it thou.

Paul

Hi Paul,

thanks for the reply. I understand the background behind it all thanks to you, I'm not very computer literate so what should I do step by step if you could :)

I can't do the search on the registry for the wrong folder as the one in program files 86 doesnt exist as P3D isnt there. Any ideas on what to do next?

PS: Just to add, when I start the Inverness installer, it puts a couple files in PROG X86 Lockheed Martin but it makes the folder itself, why isn't it putting those two in the program files folder. I searched both HKEY on my PC and can't find them anywhere.

Edited by Jacklimb99, 08 May 2019 - 07:44 pm.

#4 Jacklimb99

Jacklimb99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 06:01 pm

Guys,

Am I going to get any further help on this?

Maybe a share screen like teamviewer or a skype could help?

I'd like to fly to Inverness soon.

Jack

#5 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 08:09 pm

Sorry i missed your reply but I've replied to your email and we will go from there.

Edit: all sorted and working

Paul

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users