12 replies to this topic

#1 eflint3

eflint3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:01 pm

Hello

I have bought a copy of Inverness airport on steam and when using GSX it uses the default afcad (from: scenery-0501-scenery- APX46110.bgl) so the parking positions are not correct. I have heard that the afcad for the sim720 Inverness scenery is "locked" and this is why gsx cannot access it. Is there anyway that I can be sent or access the correct afcad for the scenery as at the moment the scenery is not very usable.

Thanks Euan

#2 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:48 am

Hi Euan,

To my knowledge i never locked the afcad on any airport, on steam all we do is supply dovetail with the files but i cant see them locking the file either.

1 thing to try is make sure the airport is at or very near the top of the scenery list, otherwise you would be best asking for help from GSX, i know people have used it with normal fsx without problems before.

Thanks

Paul

#3 eflint3

eflint3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:03 am

Thank you for your response Paul.

Unfortunately I have had the scenery at the top of the library and gsx has still used the default afcad. I have asked gsx for an answer but am still awaiting a response. Would you be able to tell me the name of the afcad file that gsx should use with this scenery as this could help me solve the issue.

Thanks

#4 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:20 am

The afcad should be named "EGPE_ADEX_PW.BGL" and will be located in "{FSX STEAM}/SIM720/Airports/SIM720_EGPE/Scenery/"

Thanks

Paul

#5 eflint3

eflint3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:11 pm

Thank you once again Paul,

From the response I have now got from gsx they say that the only way to get it to work is to request the original bgl file from the design company of the steam product because steam does that "locking function" i talked about before. The file that you originally gave steam (EGPE_ADEX_PW.BGL) is there in my folder but gsx will not recognise it, neither will any bgl viewer as when i try to load it it just says "this file is not a bgl". Is there anyway therefore that you could send me the original bgl privately as gsx suggested to do. I am happy to provide any proof of purchase from steam that you require.

Thanks Euan

#6 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 03:38 pm

Here is the original file Attached File  EGPE_ADEX_PW.zip   3.13KB   497 downloads

You won't be able to view it in a bgl viewer because its an afcad, you would need to use something like Airport Design Editor (ADE)

#7 eflint3

eflint3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:23 pm

I have replaced the file with the one you have sent and gsx now recognises it and operates correctly.

Thanks again 

Euan

#8 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:29 pm

Thats great and i'll remember that if anybody else has the same problem in the future.

Thanks

Paul

#9 Dougie

Dougie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 12:30 pm

Hi, same issue as above with Inverness and GSX. I downloaded the AFCAD from the post on here to my desktop and then replaced it straight into the suggested location folder.
After starting the simulator the startup menu would only offer active runway?? No parking area would come up?

#10 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 01:37 pm

Hi, im assuming you extracted the file and then overwrite the file in the scenery folder, if so then my only suggestion is to ask GSX as without that the airport works fine and has parking spots, see attached pictures showing multiple parking and gate spots
fsx-parking-1.jpg

fsx-parking-2.jpg

#11 Dougie

Dougie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 09:23 pm

Thanks for the reply, wonder if you could help with another issue please.
I purchased off steam and cant find the configuration tool to remove static aircraft?
Regards
Dougie

#12 Paul Webster

Paul Webster

Staff

• Staff
  • 958 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 09:30 pm

you have to manually install it, go to your library and select tools and find "FSX SIM720 configuration tool" and then you should be able to adjust stuff, if not you will have to ask dovetail as all we do is supply them the files, they deal with everything else on steam purchases as we have no access.

#13 Dougie

Dougie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 09:36 pm

Great, thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, afcad steam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users