Photo
Resolved

A FORUM WITH DECEIVING TEAM DEVELOPERS

Resolved

Best Answer spence davison , 26 February 2014 - 10:31 am

Hello Sim 720, Barry H, Kevin F, Christopher L & Members.

It is with some regret that the actions I took yesterday were made necassary to acheive the support required but nevertheless it was made essencial because no company as I was directly informed was accepting responsibility for the product.

I am pleased to report back that the product marketed as labeled by Orbx has now been accepted by them for the required fix to the program.

The following is that response.

The source files from Sim720 are sitting on my desk in a portable hard drive. I am in possession of it for the recompiling of the EU regions for P3Dv2 and it also contains the airport source files.

I have had a look at the files and have recompiled the library to remove those shadows. Just need to do some quick checks if it functions all OK and I will post it here.

Hopefully in the future no member has to make themselves un-popular just to receive the correct level of support with any purchased software.

Personally as the CEO of Orbx has closed the thread after critising my efforts to find a fix and my methods, It is my opinion I should'nt of been backed up against any wall or offered obstruction to a simple request,

I feel that he owes big time the same apology I do  to the Sim 720 team on behalf of the misleading information given by orbx suggesting that Sim720 were reponsible. I acted on that information from Orbx for which I sincerley apologise. sorry guys!

Not least to Paul Wester who's statements to me were contradicted by Orbx fueling the problem.

Further I consider this thread to be of no profit to Sim 720 and its members whom I would ask you to excuse its removal from this forum, bearing in mind the final result has no place on Sim 720's forum, As there involvemnt was as stated to me acurate, but no thanks to Orbx in that regard ,

So I will be asking today for its removal.

But a big "Thank You" to Sim 720 and members who responded offering support rather than the contiued obstruction as from ORBX in the face of my posted adversity.

.........................................................................God !!! I never want to do that again.

Warmest regards

Spence.

Thanks everyone at Sim 720 and its members

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 spence davison

spence davison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:54 pm

I first posted on the Sim720 forum: Black Square Shadows Traversing with time of Day

I also contacted Orbx & Flightsim store about the problem.

Russ White from Orbx said in his email to me

It would appear that the developers of Shoreham (Sim720) have left active shadows on an element of the light or placing template. Unfortunately, because i have nothing to do with Shoreham or Sim720, i wont be able to fix anything. But i will bring your original support thread to the teams attention.

After this I contacted Flight sim store who supplied the product they said:

FEB 12, 2014 | 12:07PM EST
Adrian replied:
Hello Spence,

I have received an email from Orbx management and which the have denied your request for a refund (as is their policy with download products) they have informed me that they are very happy to look into correcting the issue for you. Can you please post a support topic at the Orbx Support Forums linked below and provide me with the link to your post. I will then forward the link to Orbx and they will either have Sim720 look into correcting the issue, or have one of their own developers do the same.
I look forward to hearing back from you.
Kind Regards,
Adrian Lehmann
Recontacted Orbx Russ White stated:

Senior Developer Orbx Developer

• 3,310 posts
  • LocationSouthampton, England

Sent 11 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

Sim720 no longer develop products for Orbx, so i'm not sure what will happen here, i have made a thread about your problem in the private forums here but there is nothing more i can personally do.

Sorry i cant be the bearer of better news, if it was one of my airports i could work on a fix for you. If the problem is too distracting, a temporary fix would be to turn of the ground scenery shadows option in your FSX display settings menu.

Russ.

I contacted Sim 720 Paul Webster replied:

Paul Webster

Staff

• 290 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

Hi,

This is an Orbx product and as such you need to contact Orbx on there forum for support however i believe the answer will be "unchecking the shadows feature in FSX" as stated in the user guide.

Paul

Orbx  replied when I re asked the question about who's responsibilty it is:

Senior Developer

• 3,310 posts

Sent 21 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

Hi Spence,

To add a little context to the information you have been given, i would say that exemptions from refunds are made becuase it's very difficult to develop scenery products for a flight simulator that each individual has set up a slightly different way. Some users will experience no difficulties while others will run into problems, this is due to the multitude of variations from user to user. Such variations include platfrom, be it FSX or P3D, direct X mode 9 or 10, the users video card type and driver, other 3rd party products the user may have installed that potentially clash with our scenery...etc etc. Because of all these differences problems will be experienced by some users with every product, it's through the support of the products that we try to change the problem into a cure, this way the user can enjoy their purchase and there are no need for refunds.

However, this process relies on the developer properly supporting the product and seeing as no one has replied to me post about your issue i would assume that Sim720 (the developer) is no longer operational and therefore cannot support or fix the product.

It may be worth you going to the Sim720 website directly and asking on their forums what the situation is (if they are still in operation).

Russ.

Dear reader of this topic : Are you getting a feel for what is going on here?

Yesterday Russ White said on email:

Senior Developer

• Orbx Developer
  • 3,310 posts

Sent Yesterday, 11:27 AM

I'm sorry to hear that Spence, it's an unfortunate responce from Sim720 and one they didnt think through. The problem is, no one from Orbx can alter their content to fix the issue because they have all the working files on their systems, without access to their working files Orbx cannot fix any issues with their product(s)

Russ.

And a final responce from Paul Webster yesterday:

Paul Webster

Staff

• staff.png
  • 290 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:18 PM

Hi,

At the end of our contract with Orbx we had to hand over all source files to Orbx and remove them from our server, which we complied with. So only Orbx can supply the fix.

Paul

------------------------------------------------------------

This was taken from ORBX web forum this year although Paul has claimed he has nolonger has any professional contact with Orbx connected to FSX Add-ons.

Check out the Date of this post.

Paul Webster

UK Dev Team

• Members
  • 1,416 posts
  • LocationHavant, uk

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

Hi,

First re-install the latest Orbx Libs will fix the 2 FTX Global problem, always do this after an install.
I would install SCO and set FTX Central to Europe and go check an airport (EGPO for example), if you still have trees then do a search on you fsx folder for that airports - EGPO and see if any files show up other than in the SCO folders, if they do they will need to be disabled. My guess is its Traffic 360 which is causing the problem.

Paul

Cheers,
Paul
SIM720
No support is given via PM message.
ORBX DEVELOPER

So Fellow Members in your opinion Is there a reason for all of the above & do you think I have been treated fairly?

Note my content to them has reamined polite throughout I did not paste them in because of the length of this topic. Any doubts please ask & I will send. to you.

Personally I am completely jacked off. from what started as a my simple forum question.

#2 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:02 pm

Hi Spence, sorry you feel this way, may I state for the record that no deceiving is intended or meant by anyone at SIM720. I do understand your frustration and reply that the matter will be discussed. As stated by Paul who does work very hard at support issues day and night, is that when our support phase of the developed airport had completed all source files were handed over to ORBX. Therefore we have no record, copy or any details left re this airport. The entire IP and files are now strictly with ORBX as per contract agreement.
Again I will discuss this as stated but cannot guarantee anything.
Once again I apologise for your feelings and do sympathise, but to state in the topic post that we are deceiving developers is hard to take.
Regards
Barry Hudson

#3 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:17 pm

Seems like a simple issue to resolve Spence. For me the two necessary elements are a) possession of the files and B) intent and willingness to problem solve. If you don't satisfy (a) then (B) becomes irrelevant...

So, Ask the same questions of both - Do you have the source files in your possession? And are you contractually allowed to make alterations to them?

If Paul is correct (I have no reason to doubt him) that they no longer have access to the files, Sim720 can't physically change anything in the software, but as he has already done, he can only suggest workarounds that may assist without actually updating any of the core files.

If OrbX have the files, and just aren't willing to make any changes (because possibly fixing your problem is not economic for them in their opinion?) perhaps that is where your ire should be directed?

Whichever one of them has the source files, that is the dev with responsibility for telling you whether they intend to make a fix. If both have access to them you should reasonably expect either or both to respond. If neither say they have the source files then I guess you are not being told the truth.

I empathise with you as a consumer though, if you find a problem SOMEONE should be able to give you a straight answer at least. Perhaps Barry can liaise with OrbX in order to at least give you one answer that everyone can agree on that is correct? Being left caught between two devs both disavowing responsibility isn't fair to the consumer, and knowing what I do of Sim720, I honestly don't think they would sell you down the river. I've met the guys and if I am any judge of character at all they are better than that :)

Cheers K

#4 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:19 pm

Just seen Barry's reply made as I was typing mine - So he's already looking at it for you :)

#5 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:37 pm

It sounds to me like ORBx should be doing more to help Spence than they appear to be at the moment. If they have the source files, then they are in the best position to help him.

#6 spence davison

spence davison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:07 pm

Dear Barry H, Kevin F, Christopher L,

Hey you guys,your fresh air and a welcome contrast to the way I have felt over this issue raised. I was sorry I bought the Shoreham Airport as it was seemingly a mistake after all this nonsense.

I am just a happy Pilot in FSX buying quality wares to improve my hobby..

I have just been responding on the Orbx forum to find the same response from administrators they believe its ok to have a member on the run They just don't see it.? and still saying they have "NO System files for Shoreham Airport"

For me I thought I was just being apart of a team of people doing great things with program data and for me to enjoy the fruits for FSX they created

It was to me a simple non offending question haow to resolve moving black squares on a runway and taxi ways without the need to reduce settings in FSX.

Un-checking the shadows facility in FSX does work but it deprives the rest of the program without the shadows. were suppose to be going forwards  making FSX a greater program through the expertise of the guys , not reducing settings..

But all this messy stuff about who owns what is seriously not good for an image concious company nor me

But thank you for your support gents it is much appreciated. It felt like fight the good fight on my own. I remain open minded to all things that have gone wayward with my issue, and bear no malice.

Kindest regards

Spence

Edited by spence davison, 25 February 2014 - 07:07 pm.

#7 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:28 pm

Spence, thanks, this will be discussed. I also know how you feel, we are gamers ourselves and just want things to work as they should.
I will get back to you on this.

Kevin and chris thanks guys. I can confirm that all files were sent to ORBX. I will ensure that communications are made at the relevant level and that we support Spence.
  • spence davison likes this

#8 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:06 pm

Don't be sorry that you purchased EGKA Shoreham, Spence. Until you posted this thread, I wasn't even aware that the SIM720 guys were the creators of that airport! It is one of my favourites (I don't use shadows), so congrats to the team on yet another masterpiece B)

#9 spence davison

spence davison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:47 pm

Thanks guys that means a great deal.

And yes I agree Shoreham and Goodwood  are brilliant pieces of work I kinda like them a lot too

Spence

Edited by spence davison, 25 February 2014 - 09:50 pm.

#10 spence davison

spence davison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:31 am   Best Answer

Hello Sim 720, Barry H, Kevin F, Christopher L & Members.

It is with some regret that the actions I took yesterday were made necassary to acheive the support required but nevertheless it was made essencial because no company as I was directly informed was accepting responsibility for the product.

I am pleased to report back that the product marketed as labeled by Orbx has now been accepted by them for the required fix to the program.

The following is that response.

The source files from Sim720 are sitting on my desk in a portable hard drive. I am in possession of it for the recompiling of the EU regions for P3Dv2 and it also contains the airport source files.

I have had a look at the files and have recompiled the library to remove those shadows. Just need to do some quick checks if it functions all OK and I will post it here.

Hopefully in the future no member has to make themselves un-popular just to receive the correct level of support with any purchased software.

Personally as the CEO of Orbx has closed the thread after critising my efforts to find a fix and my methods, It is my opinion I should'nt of been backed up against any wall or offered obstruction to a simple request,

I feel that he owes big time the same apology I do  to the Sim 720 team on behalf of the misleading information given by orbx suggesting that Sim720 were reponsible. I acted on that information from Orbx for which I sincerley apologise. sorry guys!

Not least to Paul Wester who's statements to me were contradicted by Orbx fueling the problem.

Further I consider this thread to be of no profit to Sim 720 and its members whom I would ask you to excuse its removal from this forum, bearing in mind the final result has no place on Sim 720's forum, As there involvemnt was as stated to me acurate, but no thanks to Orbx in that regard ,

So I will be asking today for its removal.

But a big "Thank You" to Sim 720 and members who responded offering support rather than the contiued obstruction as from ORBX in the face of my posted adversity.

.........................................................................God !!! I never want to do that again.

Warmest regards

Spence.

Thanks everyone at Sim 720 and its members

• kevin firth likes this

#11 Barry Hudson

Barry Hudson

Staff

• Staff
  • 275 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:36 am

Spence thanks for clarifying your position now, we are glad that you have had a positive outcome, hope you enjoy the product.

#12 kevin firth

kevin firth

Beta Tester

• Beta tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:49 am

Happy that you're happy Spence :)
I was agog at a certain persons description of your support request as and I quote, 'BS' :o

#13 spence davison

spence davison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:51 pm

Kevin, Thanks for that.

Me Too             :o This is what I actually looked like when I read it !!

#14 Christopher Low

Christopher Low

Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:49 pm

No prizes for guessing who that was, Kevin.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users